By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Lego City Undercover Comparison - Switch vs PS4/Xbox One

It's very likely that Switch cartridges are faster than PS4/XBone HDD. Snake Pass also had better loading times.

Around the Network

LOL. I'm sorry, but this is a very piss ass port for the PS4 and XB1 if this is true. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

LOL. I'm sorry, but this is a very piss ass port for the PS4 and XB1 if this is true. 

It's a Lego game. They have always been crappy optimizations - even for PC.

The game is ugly regardless of the platform its on. It is a good idea to at least make the image less aliased. Image quality > visual quality for me in this case.

The game isn't ugly, is one of the prettiest Lego games. Simple graphics =/= ugly graphics

Around the Network

Very strange to see this, I know the Switch version doesn't do the strange jump to 60fps in the side scrolling indoors area's but I do find it strange that they managed 1080p/30 on that but not the X1

Maybe a Scorpio patch will allow full 1080p?

I would guess that this is going to be down to the game coming from the Wii-U which might be a more similar in design to the Switch than X1 but I'm far more confident in buying this on Switch seeing how much effort has gone into the port on that platform rather than just dumping the Wii-U game right over to it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

b00moscone said:
Nice, didn't get the game on Wii U so if i see it for a fair price, why not!

I recommend it.  I bought it on WiiU and took the time to 100%.  I normally don't get into Lego games (used to buy them for The Boy when he was younger) but I really enjoyed this one.  I enjoyed it enough that I had even forgotten about the horrendous load times until someone brought it up in another thread.

The_Yoda said:
b00moscone said:
Nice, didn't get the game on Wii U so if i see it for a fair price, why not!

I recommend it.  I bought it on WiiU and took the time to 100%.  I normally don't get into Lego games (used to buy them for The Boy when he was younger) but I really enjoyed this one.  I enjoyed it enough that I had even forgotten about the horrendous load times until someone brought it up in another thread.

Nice, i've been looking for something to play after finishing Zelda and having my fun with Fast RMX, so this seems like a good pick up!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Swear it feels like Eurogamer is getting paid by Nintendo to compare indies and smaller titles that they would never do otherwise....before the Switch they rarely talked about a lot of indies

Preston Scott

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Swear it feels like Eurogamer is getting paid by Nintendo to compare indies and smaller titles that they would never do otherwise....before the Switch they rarely talked about a lot of indies

Swear it feels like you can't understand something as simple as the fact that switch is new hardware so every multiplat released now on Switch, Ps4 and/or XBO is gonna be compared, and so far this are the games being released in all consoles so this are the games they are comparing, once Payday 2 and Skyrim is released they will do comparisons too because that's what they do, nobody is getting paid.