By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do you think will be the top game for Microsoft at E3?

Goatseye said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Personally it could be Crackdown or State of Decay.

For most people though I'm sure it will be Halo 6.

Those 2 games have tremendous potential. 

I wish SoD was on all platforms, it was a gem. Completely flew under the radar coming late last gen as a download only title and this gen as a "GOTY" version on Xbone. Second one has so much potential with the online co-op. No need for another zombie game ever.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So no dice on the Halo 3 remaster? 

If they couldn't be assed to touch the game for The Master Chief Collection, I doubt they'll do it now.

They are heavily dependent on the Halo name. If it wasnt for Halo most people at first wouldnt have given the Xbox brand a glance in the west. Halo Remastered could still happen. They also added ODST late. Master Chief Collection can never have enough Halo. 

RoboTin said:
Probably Halo 6. They will also announce forza 7 and Ori 2. Hard to see where other new big announcements come from, but I am sure there will be at least 1 surprise.

I hope for MS sake that Crackdown 3 is not their main exclusive this year, because it screams mediocre to me. Probably will put Halo 6 beta with crackdown 3. I can see them also delaying full release Sea of Thieves to 2018 with beta end of 2017.

Cant wait to see more State of Decay 2.

Yes, here is hoping that Crackdown 3 has either gained new life or they finally found a Killer App because they are the only brand who hasnt found one this whole gen.

Luke888 said:
I expect a new IP to surprise everyone at the show

Not jist a new IP. They are the only brand who has yet to find a brand defining IP yet. Slacking is word and if they arent slacking incapable is the word. Lets hope they are just slacking and need to make up for last time.

eva01beserk said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'd like to say a Fable reboot, but it will probably be the boringly predictable teaser trailer for Halo 6 (and I say that as a Halo fan).

I thought of something like this when fable legendsgot caned when it was basicly complete. Its not done, they just dint think that type of moba like game would be big on consoles. I think they will just expand on it. Make a single player/ co-op story mode with the same assets. Keep everything from legends as the multyplayer portion and a straight pvp, call it fable 4 and then you got your megaton. I mean they could even add a short 10 hour crapy story and that should be enoufgh since the legends part is already suficient.

They probably learned from the first titanfall. If they screw up the first one, people wont want to try the second one even if they add the single player mode.

Im pretty sure they are going to give halo a longer brake. People are almost done with it.

Microsoft cannot give people a break from Halo without a hot new IP to take its place. This is what Nintendo has done with Splatoon and Arms. New IPs that are sure to give their heavy hitters a breather. Same thing with Horizon and Days Gone for Sony. Microsoft has got to get better at making higher tier games by themselves.

Around the Network
Seventizz said:
I thought Phil said no new Halo or Gears info would be shared at this year's E3?

Xbox is my platform of choice this gen. MS tends to have fantastic E3s so I expect nothing less from them. I have a feeling something will rock the industry and make everyone take notice. I also predict an old school Xbox revival franchise. Crimson Skies, Mech Assault level.

Microsoft would need a miracle to have an E3 without Gears or Halo. Thats hard to believe even for me. 

Forza because of Porsche.  Seriously though no matter what they reveal, it is too late this gen, they should have made scorpio next gen rather than an  upgrade.

I'm expecting something from Rare, such as battle toads, if that is all and the standard Forza, Halo, crackdown, all shown in 4k, I really don't think its going to get anyone who doesn't have an Xbox excited.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I don't know how I feel about people not wanting certain big franchises at E3. I mean, if Nintendo announced a new Zelda, I'd do a backflip! If it's a series I like to play, I'd be happy for a new (possibly improved) entry.

I'm hoping people are underestimating M$, though. Aside from a new entry from the "Big Three", I'm hoping they show off something new from Rare and some great VR stuff. They have new hardware coming out this year so I expect good software to take advantage. Should be a good show.

estebxx said:
Its been 2 years since the last Halo so... Halo 6.

Halo Wars released a couple months ago.

ArchangelMadzz said:

So an 8th Halo game,

Halo: Combat Evolved.
Halo 2.
Halo 3.
Halo 4.
Halo 5.
Halo ODST.
Halo Reach.
Halo Spartan Assault.
Halo Spartan Strike.
Halo Wars.
Halo Wars 2.

That makes 11.
You also have Halo Anniversary and Halo: The Master Chief Collection as well. But they are remasters.

KLXVER said:

MS sucks this gen. Too bad since they fucking crushed it with the 360.

To be fair, the Xbox 360 had long periods of zero exclusives or sequealitis as well.

Wright said:

Damn, even this Halo fanboy can't bother getting hyped for Halo anymore.

It seems to be a common thing for awhile now. Call of Duty and Asassins Creed is suffering a bit on that front as well.

Battlefield ironically seems to be doing the opposite.

NobleTeam360 said:

xD I got burned buying Halo Wars 2, so yeah I'm pretty much near done with Halo; the games' glory days are long past imo.

I personally enjoyed it. Not as great as the first game though. But it's hard to top Ensemble Studio's in my opinion.

Sadly, the Multiplayer imploded impressively with Halo Wars 2.

d21lewis said:

I don't know how I feel about people not wanting certain big franchises at E3. I mean, if Nintendo announced a new Zelda, I'd do a backflip! If it's a series I like to play, I'd be happy for a new (possibly improved) entry.

I'm hoping people are underestimating M$, though. Aside from a new entry from the "Big Three", I'm hoping they show off something new from Rare and some great VR stuff. They have new hardware coming out this year so I expect good software to take advantage. Should be a good show.

I would love a Halo 3: Remastered.
Halo 3 was arguably the game that put the Xbox 360 on the map, pushed online gaming on consoles in a big way and was even the most played Xbox Live title for months and month and months after release untill CoD finally pushed it down a few notches.

A Halo 3: Remastered leveraging Scorpio would be an interesting sight.

With that, I still doubt a Halo 3: Remastered would set the world on fire. Halo is in decline.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--