By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Largest Hardware Weekly Sales (VGChartz)

Good lord, the Wii and DS were absolute monsters during their primes huh?

Around the Network

Switch moves into the top 10 after it's adjustment.

VGPolyglot said:
pokoko said:
Consoles lives can be pretty darn interesting.

The PS2 was like Metallica, which toured forever, was a huge success, but never had a number one single.

The Wii is like the Spice Girls, which lasted only a few years but was at the top of the world during that time and broke a lot of records.

They might not have had a #1, but they had 6 #1 albums, including two that were for 4 weeks and one that was for 3 weeks. Also, their self-titled album is the best selling in the Soundscan era, more than any other album an any genre.

I know.  That's why I said "huge success" and compared them to the best selling console of all time.

pokoko said:
VGPolyglot said:

They might not have had a #1, but they had 6 #1 albums, including two that were for 4 weeks and one that was for 3 weeks. Also, their self-titled album is the best selling in the Soundscan era, more than any other album an any genre.

I know.  That's why I said "huge success" and compared them to the best selling console of all time.

Well, the other problem is that we don't have weekly PS2 numbers, so it's completely unavailable for the list. 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
VGPolyglot said:
It reminds of 2008, when Nintendo was at the top of the world.

Good old days.....

no that was 2000-2004 when PS2 was rocking the world.  Dark Times is 2006-2008

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
GProgrammer said:
So wheres the Biggest selling Console of all Time? The PS2

Don't you people read any posts, Rol explained that VGChartz only has data from the Wii onwards. remember VGC only started in 07.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

GProgrammer said:
So wheres the Biggest selling Console of all Time? The PS2

Don't you people read any posts, Rol explained that VGChartz only has data from the Wii onwards. remember VGC only started in 07.

EDIt . damn double post.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Oh hight the mighty N did fall during gen 8. Oh well gen 7 provided enough profit to be in the business for a very long time. Although I doubt a console, handheld or the Switch is ever going to compete with the DS again. I wonder if Switch is going to surpass the combined sales of Wii U and 3DS though.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

So the Switch's debut got adjusted again?
Now it's at 1.4 million.
Quite impressive indeed!