By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official NHL Thread - NHL Season underway!

How well will Vegas do?

President's Trophy 1 5.00%

First in conference 1 5.00%

First in division 0 0%

2-3 in division 4 20.00%

Wild card 7 35.00%

Outside of playoffs 5 25.00%

Worst in division 1 5.00%

Worst in conference 1 5.00%

Worst in league 0 0%

Total:20
VGPolyglot said:
Well, it looks like Columbus and Minnesota are done for!

It would be nice to see the Blue Jackets win a playoff series for the first time. They had a good team this year, but again, no dice.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
VGPolyglot said:
Well, it looks like Columbus and Minnesota are done for!

It would be nice to see the Blue Jackets win a playoff series for the first time. They had a good team this year, but again, no dice.

Well, it does kind of suck for them in the new format, because Ottawa, while being 6th in the conference, gets to face the 7th seed Bruins while Columbus, being 3rd, had to face the 2nd seed Penguins. However, if they really wanted to win, they would win, so it's their fault for losing.

VGPolyglot said:
COKTOE said:

Well, it does kind of suck for them in the new format, because Ottawa, while being 6th in the conference, gets to face the 7th seed Bruins while Columbus, being 3rd, had to face the 2nd seed Penguins. However, if they really wanted to win, they would win, so it's their fault for losing.

:) Ha ha. Well, I don't know if I would say they didn't really want to win, but hey, I can't argue. They're getting merced.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
VGPolyglot said:

:) Ha ha. Well, I don't know if I would say they didn't really want to win, but hey, I can't argue. They're getting merced.

Well, they sucked going into the playoffs as well, they lost 6 of their last 7, with the seventh game requiring a 2 goal comeback, so they've been doing poorly for a little while now.

This Chicago-Nashville game has been great, and the Nashville crowd is insane, which is always nice.

Around the Network

Oh my Flames, lol.

Sens and Leafs now lead their series. =)

Miguel_Zorro said:

I should have trusted you when you said that the Capitals would be chokers!

So, so far there are 4 series that are 3-0:
Predators - Blackhawks
Ducks - Flames
Penguins - Blue Jackets
Blues - Wild

And 4 that are 2-1:
Canadiens - Rangers
Senators - Bruins
Maple Leafs - Capitals
Oilers - Sharks

Miguel_Zorro said:
VGPolyglot said:

I should have trusted you when you said that the Capitals would be chokers!

7 games is a long series, so anything can happen, but I will cross my fingers!

Well, I think it's that 70% of the time, the team with the 2-1 lead wins the series. So, as long as the Leafs can keep up the pressure and not collapse like they did at the end of the 2013-14 season, they should be able to pull through!