By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why ARMS Could Be Nintendo's Next Big Hit

tbone51 said:
Luke888 said:
Interesting reading, I think ARMS definitely has the potential to become a big hit, the major argument I have against it is that Splatoon, while offering a different experience than usual, is still a Shooting game, the most popular genre by far this days, Fighting Games on the other hand are becoming less and less relevant this days meaning that ARMS will need that big WOW factor to become a success. Imho it's going to sell very well but I don't expect anything groundbreaking, 2/3M lifetime seems like a reasonable prediction

2 or 3mil is groundbreaking. Because...

-Many games dont even hit 2mil (especially exclusive)

-A new IP (and by nintendo non the less)

-Fighing genre. Literally only like 2 games in the last couple of years sold over 2mil. (Not even pokken/sfv did 2mil)

2 or 3 M isn't groundbreaking considering it'll come out near the launch of the system (hence having a longer lifespand than say Splatoon on Wii U which came only 3 years after the launch of the system) and the Switch seems to be selling far better than Wii U, meaning that it'd have a far smaller atach rate.

-eh, Nintendo games are a group of their own imho: us Nintendo fan  tend to trust Nintendo when they try doing something new because Nintendo is know for the quality of their games, hence expecting new thing to still be really good;

-same as the previous point;

-in the last couple of years there weren't that many fighting games in the first place, Skull Girls was Indie, Pokkén was on Wii U and was dropped like a rock by Bandai, SFV lacked basic content and was backlashed...

Around the Network

It seems extremely simplistic, but that could also attract that certain crowd-who-shall-not-be-named to pick it up. Honestly, its success hinges on how much Nintendo markets the game. Due to its simplicity the message is easy to get across and it looks quite fun within a 30 second viewing.

NintendoPie said:
It seems extremely simplistic, but that could also attract that certain crowd-who-shall-not-be-named to pick it up. Honestly, its success hinges on how much Nintendo markets the game. Due to its simplicity the message is easy to get across and it looks quite fun within a 30 second viewing.

Nintendo has been on-point with marketing so far, so I'm hoping this continues throughout the Switch's life.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I played it and it plays like a hit.

it could do the 3 mil life time.
definitely can see 1.5 mil this year alone if Switch will continue this momentum.... and it was fair to release this before Splatoon 2. the other way around could have hurt Arms sales.

same like Splatoon (1 this will be out at the right moment and to satisfy appetite of Switch owners.

Switch!!!

I don't get the excitement of this game. Looks really bad. Maybe fun for 10 minutes if you have a barrel of alcohol...

Around the Network
radishhead said:

Nintendo has been on-point with marketing so far, so I'm hoping this continues throughout the Switch's life.

Don't hold them to it, your expectations might scare them out of their better work.

I see it selling on par with Pikmin games at best.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

We'll have to wait and see, splatoon took many people by surprise, however I don't think ARMS will be as big as splatoon.

Nintendo should make more Joy con games.

Those reasons are so...meh. Splatoon did it, new console without many options and it's looking good.

I mean, I guess it could be the next hit, splatoon certainly proved many of us wrong. It'll be interesting how the game will perform.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian