By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Much Would a PC Cost with Specs similar to Scorpio.

malistix1985 said:
eva01beserk said:

Fu** nvidea. lets discuse this topic when the rx 570/580 come out.

THe 580 has a higher Tflops, lower memory stuff, but at least its not inferior in EVERY wary like the RX480 so it would be a farer comparison for sure. The 1070 is simply faster, thats the thing with consoles they are highly customized so its not always easy to make a pc with the "same" specs so you have to brute force it and make something faster

Well the Scorpio is still using that potato CPU, which will bottleneck performance of the GPU.. DX12 will ofload some of workload ooff the CPU, though any modern PC processor will stomp the Jaguar.

An i3, i5 heck even the new Pentium would.. A  Ryzen CPU with RX480 should give the GPU more grunt and offer similar performance. Even more so if both are overclocked. A GTX 1060 would probably better comparison to the scorpio with the right setup.

Around the Network

It's going to perform more like a FuryX/Gtx1070/980ti with optimizations. So basically you'do need a $800-1000PC with an sata UHD Bluray drive that you cannot buy.

You would need....

Fx8320E or Fx8300 and mobo...since the latest cat cores are similar perf to Piledriver and you need 8 cores to make this comparo fair  $175

16GB ddr3 2133 memory(can't be slower speed than XBOne)- need excess memory on pc for dumps/leaks overhead, recording, other backround programs $75

Based on Forza 6 Apex 4k perf profile...a GTX 1070/980ti $350

Generic case and solid evga budget 500w psu =$65

1tb HDD $50

Bluray player $50

Windows 10 $90

NO one likes generic cases and in this instance you can't even go mini ITX with AMD, so most would spend more on some nicer parts, , ssd, cooler for OC'g etc...

If Scorpio costs $500, you are getting exceptional gaming performance of a PC costing 50-75% more.

You do save on PC with no XBL over the long haul and more avenues for software sales, but no physical software to recycle costs as you do on console ...so that's a wash.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Um, folks...that's not my list...as I said, that was just second link on my "Scorpio equivalent PC" search, since I was too lazy yesterday to make one of my own.

But...it seemed fairly decent for what the OP wanted..."Could help us figure out the price of the system".

Now maybe I misunderstood the purpose of the thread, but that's what I had in mind...cause that list is, more or less, balancing out, IMO, differences in price - yeah, GPU is bit weaker, but CPU is way stronger and there is 12GB of DDR3 + 4GB of GDDR5 vs 12GB of GDDR5 in Scorpio.

Plus, these are all retail prices, actual prices are way lower (I remember someone, I think it was Dahuman, posted way, way back in days, when we were speculating about what might be in PS4, some actual prices of different components that platform holders are paying).

So, again, maybe I misunderstood OP's intention, but this was not actually about PC that will run exactly the same as Scorpio, but finding out how much Scorpio might cost.

Leadified said:
Mr Puggsly said:

It goes both ways. Unity games for example run like shit on consoles. Even a simplistic game like Broforce runs like shit on PS4. A lot of stuff from less notable publishers can be poorly optimized.

But a big advantage of consoles... you don't actually have to build that shit. Steam Machines was a failure at launch and we still can't find pre built gaming PCs at a decent price.

Depends what you consider a "decent price" but there's plenty of sites out there that will put together a computer for you and won't break your bank. Alternatively if you're feeling a bit more risque, you can buy a desktop from Best Buy, throw in a GPU and you're good to go.

Even if you got the route of buying a PC from a store and throwing in a good GPU, the specs won't be great for the price.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Leadified said:

Depends what you consider a "decent price" but there's plenty of sites out there that will put together a computer for you and won't break your bank. Alternatively if you're feeling a bit more risque, you can buy a desktop from Best Buy, throw in a GPU and you're good to go.

Even if you got the route of buying a PC from a store and throwing in a good GPU, the specs won't be great for the price.

Ehhh, I wouldn't say so. You just have to look around a bit but there's decent rigs out there (CAD prices btw).

Around the Network
Mafioso said:

It's going to perform more like a FuryX/Gtx1070/980ti with optimizations.

Will it play Forza Horizon 3 with more than 30 fps?

Conina said:
Mafioso said:

It's going to perform more like a FuryX/Gtx1070/980ti with optimizations.

Will it play Forza Horizon 3 with more than 30 fps?

Probably not

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-does-it-take-to-run-forza-horizon-3-at-1080p60
It took an overclocked Core i7 and Nvidia's Titan X Pascal

FH3 wasn't optimized very well to go above 30fps. Yet that was last September, could be a very different story now.

Leadified said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Ehhh, I wouldn't say so. You just have to look around a bit but there's decent rigs out there (CAD prices btw).

You are still talking over $600 US with that. $700 if you plan to match the scorpio

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Leadified said:

You are still talking over $600 US with that. $700 if you plan to match the scorpio

That's not what this comment chain was about.

Mafioso said:

Fx8320E or Fx8300 and mobo...since the latest cat cores are similar perf to Piledriver and you need 8 cores to make this comparo fair  $175

Hell no. Piledriver is significantly better than the Cat Cores.
The Cat cores are extremely shit.

Mafioso said:

Based on Forza 6 Apex 4k perf profile...a GTX 1070/980ti $350

An overclocked Geforce 1060 can do Forza 6, 4k, 60fps. All Ultra settings. That would be the starting point.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--