By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Much Would a PC Cost with Specs similar to Scorpio.

Way over 1000$ if you include Controller, 4K Blu Ray, HDMI etc.

But you cant build a PC Scorpio, it is impossible, Microsoft made their own GPU just like back on Xbox 360, they use AMD tech but they pretty much customize it to take full advantage of the box, so it a a GPU that it will never exist on the Pc market, not even in 50 years because it was built for a closed architecture, just like Ps4 Pro GPU but in this case the Pro is closer to its Pc counterpart with many customization from Sony like CB etc.

Xbox One a PS4 were more conservative on this regard because Sony and MS though Console gaming was dead and they didn´t want to bleed money so they went with 2011 tech, full profit, now they know console gaming is bigger than ever and they are selling great so they are willing to take risks again, expect a pretty beast Ps5 and Xbox Two, in line with Ps3 and 360 back in the day.

Around the Network

$624.

Ryzen 5 - 1400 / AM4 AB350M Micro ATX / 8 GB DDR4 RAM (2800mhz dual channel) / RX 480 (4GB) / 1TB HDD / Bluray Drive / 430 W PSU.

Just swap out the Intel CPU for the Ryzen 1400 ($169).

Bearing in mind that the RX580 will be out and on the market for several months by the time Scorpio is out, and the RX570.

Kerotan said:
Yerm said:
if theres one thing i learned from actually putting a PC together, its that you can not actually compare the two. consoles games are always better optimized, and with PC you always have to ask yourself if there is a slightly better part you could get for a few bucks more. the ecosystems are so different that it really is impossible to do a proper spec/price comparison.

Yeah I have to agree with this.  The optimisations on console games is the really big plus.  Developers know exactly what people will have and that makes it much easier on them. 

It goes both ways. Unity games for example run like shit on consoles. Even a simplistic game like Broforce runs like shit on PS4. A lot of stuff from less notable publishers can be poorly optimized.

But a big advantage of consoles... you don't actually have to build that shit. Steam Machines was a failure at launch and we still can't find pre built gaming PCs at a decent price.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah I have to agree with this.  The optimisations on console games is the really big plus.  Developers know exactly what people will have and that makes it much easier on them. 

It goes both ways. Unity games for example run like shit on consoles. Even a simplistic game like Broforce runs like shit on PS4. A lot of stuff from less notable publishers can be poorly optimized.

But a big advantage of consoles... you don't actually have to build that shit. Steam Machines was a failure at launch and we still can't find pre built gaming PCs at a decent price.

Depends what you consider a "decent price" but there's plenty of sites out there that will put together a computer for you and won't break your bank. Alternatively if you're feeling a bit more risque, you can buy a desktop from Best Buy, throw in a GPU and you're good to go.

About 600 dollars with a controller and a free game, I got about 580-35 mail in rebate at final price of 545 on the base machine with 8GB of DDR3 system RAM and 8GB GDDR5 RAM on a XFX RX480 card with a game voucher. If you really want to be picky, add like 10 bucks for the KBO and Mouse for navigating to your games or something, and nobody fucking uses Blu-ray for PC gaming, that shit is backwards.

Around the Network

Also notice that I'm not using shit parts in the above, I can go cheaper, but no, that's not the proper way to build a gaming PC even on budget.

Oh and a HDD is 20bucks I guess but I didn't add that because any sensible person would get a SSD and that's extra cost even on consoles. /shrug

You would need an overclocked 480RX or a 580 released at the end of the year, a motherboard (doesn't need to be expensive) a 1TB harddrive, the cheapest I5 processor or low-end Ryzen CPU (the i3 does offer better per-core performance but against 7 cores, since 1 is reserved for OS on xbox, the i3 would lose)

You would also need 8GB's of ram obviously and a windows key and a power supply (can be cheap) and a case. Now that would do it, and I think you could do it for around 600 if you take the right components, the only real thing you are missing the the same level of good looking hardware and a UHD drive.

The only thing you are never going to match is the memory speed however, since the speed on the AMD drives is slower, the scorpio actually does have a graphics card that is more powerfull then the current like of AMD cards, you could obv. go for the AMD Fury which has faster memory or switch to Nvidia instead.

When you switch to Nvidia (obvious choice) its quite hard to make the same system, because the card in the Scorpio is somewhere between the 1060GTX and 1070GTX but again the memory speeds are slower.

Clearly its hard to make "the same" system because microsoft chose the memory they did but I think if you overclock the 480 or 1060GTX 6GB it should be "pretty close" but I doubt games will run as good as they are going to on the scorpio, because if the optimalization.

The Pro was easier to copy because it was slower then a 470RX and has a much lower memory amount which is also much slower.

Anyway, its a tough one ^^

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Are FX cpu's still good for 60fps 1080 gaming?

Random_Matt said:
Are FX cpu's still good for 60fps 1080 gaming?

They are ok but they aren't really aging all that well. Much better to buy the upcoming Ryzen 5 CPUs instead.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850