By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict what Retro Studios is Working on !

Holding out for Metroid.

Expecting new IP or Donkey Kong 3D.

Around the Network
Luke888 said:

I've updated the OP with everyone's prediction, I noticed that many people answered NOT following the rules so please follow them specifying the genre of the game and predict only one thing otherwise I won't be able to accept your prediction :c

I've also added my personal prediction it beeing a lame (according to someone  ) 3D Metroid

Assuming that's me, I was mostly just teasing Cloud.

Still, I do think the Prime trilogy is best left as is. I'd enjoy a new FPS Metroid trilogy though, I just feel like Dark Samus/Phazon story was wrapped up pretty nicely, and a 4th one would feel a bit contrived. New game can be called Metroid Omega or something.

Cloudman said:

Fine, just for you.

The new hit IP game from Retro Studios: The Adventures of Dr. Swanky Pants, a beloved 3D platfomer Adventure Shoot Visual Novel game about a swanky pair of pants as he goes on his epic adventure to save his lost love, Frilly Skirt, while trying to save the world from the evil alien gaudy shirt empire. Coming holiday 2017 and it'll be the highest metacritic scored game of all time.

This sounds amazing! Why didn't you suggest this first?

Reminds me of this tragic tale:

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I don't believe it, but i applaud everyone who is voting Star tropics. That would be amazing.

Super_Boom said:
Luke888 said:

I've updated the OP with everyone's prediction, I noticed that many people answered NOT following the rules so please follow them specifying the genre of the game and predict only one thing otherwise I won't be able to accept your prediction :c

I've also added my personal prediction it beeing a lame (according to someone  ) 3D Metroid

Assuming that's me, I was mostly just teasing Cloud.

Still, I do think the Prime trilogy is best left as is. I'd enjoy a new FPS Metroid trilogy though, I just feel like Dark Samus/Phazon story was wrapped up pretty nicely, and a 4th one would feel a bit contrived. New game can be called Metroid Omega or something.

Cloudman said:

Fine, just for you.

The new hit IP game from Retro Studios: The Adventures of Dr. Swanky Pants, a beloved 3D platfomer Adventure Shoot Visual Novel game about a swanky pair of pants as he goes on his epic adventure to save his lost love, Frilly Skirt, while trying to save the world from the evil alien gaudy shirt empire. Coming holiday 2017 and it'll be the highest metacritic scored game of all time.

This sounds amazing! Why didn't you suggest this first?

Reminds me of this tragic tale:

Wow, I didn't even know that was a thing xD I just made it up on the spot.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The only think that i can safely predict is that whatever they are working on is "weird" and will dissapoint fans on reveal, but will quite enjoyable for the ones that actually play it.

So, what i'm saying is a new ip where interation with npc are the focus, not the action gameplay.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network
Luke888 said:

I updated my original one to be more specific. 

Something old, but not DK or Metroid. Something we haven't seen in fifteen years or more.

oh man I need  a new pair of pants.  Open world Metroid would be....  I just dont have the words.

Eternal Darkness. Purely because I have no idea and no one else seems to have said it.

New IP, action-adventure.