By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict what Retro Studios is Working on !

I think they will be working on a new IP, they are going for an thrid person adventure game(wether horror based, or more action based, no idea, but I would say they would lean more in the "uncharted" side).And they are going realistic.In that, I mean that they are going as realistic as possible with the graphics.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Metroid Prime 4. They'll finally do what the Metroid fans have been asking for.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

zorg1000 said:

Descent for sure, a group of mountain climbers just successfully climbed the worlds tallest mountain but on the descent strange things start to happen and one by one the climbers begin to mysteriously vanish and a bad storm is approaching. Will any of them make it out alive?

I love it. Let's seal it and send it to Nintendo.

Spoilers: They'll reach the bottom, and decide to climb again. We won't know if this game was a sequel or a prequel. It's genius.

Cloudman said:
Metroid Prime 4. They'll finally do what the Metroid fans have been asking for.

Tch, what a normie suggestion.

Personally I think the Prime trilogy should be left as is. I'd prefer to see a new FPS Metroid trilogy. Maybe a game after Fusion, or between Super and Fusion...only good this time.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Open world Action game that pushes the Switch graphics!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Whatever they're working on I hope it's a brand new IP. New DKC and 3D Metroid are all well and good, but there's only so much they can do with those established series.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Barbeque Eating Simulator, obviously.

I feel like it's gonna be a New IP.

edit: Since I wasn't specific enough i'm gonna say a new 3D Action/Adventure IP. 

1-2 Switch: Switch It Up.

F-Zero

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

curl-6 said:

Probably something unambitious that any other Nintendo studio could have done, like Diddy Kong Racing 2 or Jungle Beat 2.

Nintendo's handling of Retro over this past generation has been terrible. The whole reason they were originally acquired back in the day was to make the kind of more adult-oriented content that EAD wasn't willing to do. Having them work on the same kind of games as EAD is a waste of their talent.

Apparently Nintendo asked them to make a new IP on WiiU but Retro told the they hadn't finished with DK yet and still had ideas, so along came TF. After seeing sales on Wii u, hopefully nintendo convinced them to make a new IP.