By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now That The Scorpio Specs Are Revealed How Long Til PS5 "Leaks?"

When Will We Get PS5 Leaks?

Shortly Before The Scorpio Launches 45 10.07%

Shortly After The Scorpio Luanches (2017) 13 2.91%

Early-Mid 2018 83 18.57%

Late 2018 163 36.47%

PS5 Isn't Launching Til 2021 143 31.99%

Total:447

Ps5 is coming next year. Will have microns new memory and a Vega gpu

Around the Network

6-6.5x og PS4 power, seems roughly correct.

I wonder how much of a RAM boost it would get. PS3 => PS4 RAM was 512MG --> 8GB so much more than 10x. But it seems like RAM increases are levelling off pperhaps with more a speed focus than a capacity focus. I would think with Scorpio having 12GB of RAM PS5 would be looking at 16 to 24GB, but not really anything more than that. Probably DDR4 RAM?

TBH, I think what can be done with PS4 og and Xb one is very impressive and I do wonder how much bigger things need to go. It's clear that games need to get more reliable in stability but the essential visuals are pretty much as good as they need to be.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The earliest I see PS5 launching is Holiday 2019.Not one moment sooner.

But depending on how well PS4 keeps on selling, its very likely that Sony will keep on pushing back the release date.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I don't know about leaks, but... I don't wanna see the PS5 release until holiday 2020. The first couple years of this gen were just filled with 'remasters' and cross-gen games. It feels like the PS4 only really started moving on the games front last year.

Around the Network

2019 and beyond however i see a PS4 Pro Pro coming out in 2018.
PS4 is going too strong in sales for Sony to destroy it with a next gen leap. They would rather wait it out and milk the PS4 as much as they can.

Why change whats working for simply power bragging rights?

We start hearing rumors of the PS5 in 2019. February/March 2020 it would be revealed to be released November 2020.

With the scorpio and switch coming this year, we are going to have one full year (2018) of absolutely no talks about new hardware. The i 2019 the rumors will start trickling out.

I expect a lot will depend on how the Scorpio does. If it's a massive success, we'll probably start hearing murmurings about a PS5 by the end of 2018. If it does lacklustre, i think Sony will take things slow. It'd be quite a while before MS could justify launching another system (it could take another 4 years if they have to make something a big step above the Scorpio will also launching at a lower price), so Sony would be able to ride off the PS4's success for as long as it remains relevant.

Two years, they're probably interested in Raven Ridge (APUs) and HBM technology.

FIT_Gamer said:
thismeintiel said:

Well, they will react, but it'll only be with a Pro price cut.  Though, I guess that would have happened this year, anyway.  As far as the PS5 goes, I agree they won't have to react, now.  Leaks will just happen as they normally do.

Was likely to happen whether or not Scorpio released this year. 

Did you even read my 2nd sentence? 

estebxx said:
SuperNova said:

I feel like this gen is so obsessed with specs and mid-gen upgrades that it has forgotten the important thing. Games.
The ps4 library only really started getting good late last and early this year. Before that we had some bright spots in Bloodborne and Witcher 3, but it had been a pretty unremarkable gen geameswise. Now, lets give these console some breathing room. Let the really good games flow in.

Yeah, I'm sayin I hope we don't see a Ps4 successor until holydays 2020.

My thoughts exactly, we are finally starting to get great games left and right and people are already thinking (and maybe wishing?) for a next gen leak... come on! lets get at least 3 more years of great games (the rest of 2017, 2018 and 2019) before we start getting any leaks of next gen hardware...

Also the Pro and Scorpio are called MID-GEN upgrades for a reason, enfasis on MID... so lets hope we have another 3 to 4 years left of this gen because so far while we have gotten some great games already, it is NOWHERE NEAR close to the output of games of last gen, like take Naughty Dog for example they put out Uncharted 1, 2, 3 and TLOU in ONE generation and right now they just somewhat recently put out their first game this gen and just recently announced their second game, same goes for From Software and many other studios who havent even put out half the amount of games they put out last gen this gen.

Well, if the PS5 releases in 2019, like I believe it will, then that would put the Pro exactly in the MIDdle of this gen.  However, that doesn't mean we aren't going to hear something about it long before it launches.  We got leaks on the PS4/XBO over a year and a half before launch.  I think we are going to get the same thing with the PS5.

binary solo said:
6-6.5x og PS4 power, seems roughly correct.

I wonder how much of a RAM boost it would get. PS3 => PS4 RAM was 512MG --> 8GB so much more than 10x. But it seems like RAM increases are levelling off pperhaps with more a speed focus than a capacity focus. I would think with Scorpio having 12GB of RAM PS5 would be looking at 16 to 24GB, but not really anything more than that. Probably DDR4 RAM?

TBH, I think what can be done with PS4 og and Xb one is very impressive and I do wonder how much bigger things need to go. It's clear that games need to get more reliable in stability but the essential visuals are pretty much as good as they need to be.

I think for RAM, even 8GB of AMD's HBM2 would be enough.  That's what the Vega is launching with, I believe.  However, from a pure numbers game, they may want to at least match the Scorpio's.  Though, they may opt for 16GB.  Anything over that would be overkill.  I also think they may do what they did with the Pro.  X amount of HBMs for games, but throw in 1GB-2GBs of DDR4 just dedicated to the OS.

For the visuals, they can ALWAYS be improved.  Yes, I think we have gotten to a point with the PS4/XBO where there should no longer be the "eye's bleeding" reaction once we go back to replay those games, but there is no doubt there's plenty to be improved upon still.  Next gen, 4K will be the standard, which means textures in native 4K.  Not sure how much character models can be pushed, but environmental geometry/interaction and pop-in reduction can definitely be pushed more.

Nautilus said:
The earliest I see PS5 launching is Holiday 2019.Not one moment sooner.

But depending on how well PS4 keeps on selling, its very likely that Sony will keep on pushing back the release date.

PS2 was by far the best selling home console.  That didn't stop Sony from launching the PS3 6 years after it launched.  Hell, orignally they were going to launch it just 5 years after the PS2 came out, but a snag in the PS3's development meant they had to push it back a year.  The simple fact is that while your new $399 system will sell to the more diehard crowd, your previous, now $149+ console will also sell to the more casual or budget minded gamers.