By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Misconception? 4k TVs cost too much?

Well, that's too much for me. I would need to work three months to purchase it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Eh if I had $550 for a tv, that would be better spent on my next computer, console, or my games for the year or 2 / 3.

Wow do some of you think you're supposed to buy a TV by working a few days? 4K tvs are cheap now but they are still luxury and working at minimum wage isn't supposed to get you these luxury that easily. Gotta work for it. Even gaming isn't supposed to be cheap yet people save for months to afford these consoles.

When HDTVs went on sale they cost above 2000$ in Canada for years. I remember playing Mass Effect on a CRT tv because I couldn't afford an HDTV. Getting a 50in 4K tv at less than 600$ is really cheap imo.

$500+ is still a lot of money for many people, especially when that TV is likley replacing a fully functional 1080p one. Most people will end up with a 4k TV eventually, but right now someone has to really value image quality for a 4k TV + a Pro/Scorpio to be worth it. I'm one such person, and i still think long and hard before making a purchase like that.

Bandorr said:
"too much" is highly relative. I would have considered $500 too much earlier.
As of now? I just dropped five times that on a TV.

Also that 60'' at $550? That is probably a hisense or a Vizio. Little features, cheap parts, no HDR etc. You get what you pay for as far as things go.

Truth, but if you're only willing to spend $500 on a tv, the 4k tv is still probably better than what those people currently own.

Around the Network

They're cheap - unless you want a good one. Then it gets expensive. And by expensive I mean, for example, $3500+.

$1000+ is already quite a lot if you ask me :p

But yes, you can get cheaper 4K TVs (50") for like $500 CAD

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Yeah, what people constantly forget is that nothing costs too much if you have enough money.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I got a great Samsung 4k last year, absolutely love it. The prices have really plummeted, and they'll probably be the standard quite soon.

I recently got the samsung 60ks8000 for 1,100 for 4k gaming though I rather wait for ps5 instead of getting scorpio. Ps4 pro has given me an idea of what to expect from it.