By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Trump serving Americans or corporate America?

Hmm, you have no interest in a discussion with a headline and op like that. I imagine you created this so others will echo your beliefs. I wonder why liberals lost most of their elected positions during the election.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Hmm, you have no interest in a discussion with a headline and op like that. I imagine you created this so others will echo your beliefs. I wonder why liberals lost most of their elected positions during the election.

instead of being so sensitive you could have explained why the repeal of this regulation is a good thing mr snowflake

Don't worry the 2nd coming of Jesus is coming soon. Then we will have a real leader who is righteous and Holly

Lafiel said:
Aeolus451 said:

instead of being so sensitive you could have stated why the repeal of this regulation is a good thing mr snowflake

You're proving my point by coming at me like this. You have no interest whatsoever in a mature discussion with shit like this. lmao People can get crazy over silly things.  I guess I'll give my position to this whole thing just to throw ya a bone to further see what you do and invite others who are willing to discuss it in a mature manner.

Republicans are planning on getting rid of the net neutrality rules and that would reset the privacy rules back to the way they were before the FCC tried to get around some legal hurdles with the net neutrality rules. The new privacy rules were redundant because they were modeled after the old privacy rules and were only being implemented because of those legal rulings on the net neutrality rules changed what ISPs were classified as therefore making the old privacy rules not apply to them.  I can understand that some are worried about their privacy but overreacting in this way is asinine . 

Aeolus451 said:

If I was American I would've voted for Trump. I stand fully behind him when it comes to blocking immigration from Islamic countries. Islam is the most dangerous threat to liberalism even if the insane vocal lefties don't realize it. Islam's claws need to be trimmed and not welcomed, although his blocked bans are worthless even if they weren't blocked. I'd rather if he reduces America's role in the middle east to a passive one like he promised, instead, he openly continues to talk about his intention to steal Iraq's oil and natural resources. How's that different from before? What does that solve? I guess his honest approach is respectable but that's not gonna change anything.

You were right assuming I am a liberal because most of my views align with the left, but I was happy with Trump's win. I also think the Russia allegations are ridiculous, and even if they were true, I'd rather have a Putin's puppet than Al-Saud's puppet. So go ahead, discuss and teach me what I got wrong about the topic at hand. I am listening.

Around the Network

I think he deserves a fair chance which he never got because all media hate him and write bad bad articles all the time for no reason at all. The constant hate speech of the media directed against him manipulates the public opinion.

LurkerJ said:
Aeolus451 said:

If I was American I would've voted for Trump. I stand fully behind him when it comes to blocking immigration from Islamic countries. Islam is the most dangerous threat to liberalism even the insane vocal lefties don't realize it. Islam's claws need to be trimmed and not welcomed, although his blocked bans are worthless even if they weren't blocked. I'd rather if he reduces America's role in the middle east to a passive one like he promised, instead, he openly continues to talk about his intention to steal Iraq's oil and natural resources. How's that different from before? What does that solve? I guess his honest approach is respectable but that's not gonna change anything.

You were right assuming I am a liberal because most of my views align with the left, but I was happy with Trump's win. I also think the Russia allegations are ridiculous, and even if they were true, I'd rather have a Putin's puppet than Al-Saud's puppet. So go ahead, discuss and teach me what I got wrong about the topic at hand. I am listening.

I replied to someone else with my point of view on this topic and I have no intention to "teach" anyone because that's a condescending way to have a conversation with others. My main problem is the way you worded everything in a very clickbait way and didn't really try to invite people with dissenting opinions to join in. 

I don't like the term puppet. It makes it sound like he's powerless and being controlled by someone else. He's a willing participant, and let's acknowledge that.

Aeolus451 said:
Lafiel said:

instead of being so sensitive you could have stated why the repeal of this regulation is a good thing mr snowflake

You're proving my point by coming at me like this. You have no interest whatsoever in a mature discussion with shit like this. lmao People can get crazy over silly things.  I guess I'll give my position to this whole thing just to throw ya a bone to further see what you do and invite others who are willing to discuss it in a mature manner.

actually you are proving my point here - I'm deliberately using language very often aimed at liberals to get rightwingers to admit that this is condescending hogwash .. and this crap won the election

Aeolus451 said:

Republicans are planning on getting rid of the net neutrality rules and that would reset the privacy rules back to the way they were before the FCC tried to get around some legal hurdles with the net neutrality rules. The new privacy rules were redundant because they were modeled after the old privacy rules and were only being implemented because of those legal rulings on the net neutrality rules changed what ISPs were classified as therefore making the old privacy rules not apply to them.  I can understand that some are worried about their privacy but overreacting in this way is asinine . 

Not even the ISPs (the driving force behind the repeal of net neutrality) argue that the old regulations are enough to keep them from tracking your activity, they say it's unfair that facebook and Google can do what they can't. But there is a grave distinction here - you can opt out of using the social networks/Google that only track whats going on on their websites, but it's much harder to opt out of an ISP tracking all your internet actvity, especially if there is a highly limited amount or actually just 1 broadband provider in your region.

"asinine" is not a word I'd expect to be used in a "mature discussion"

I'm...not sure how anyone SERIOUSLY thought that he wasn't just in it to A) Give himself more attention, which he loves, and B) help out his own bottom line and those of his corporate friends. He literally filled up his cabinet with corproate and Big Oil and longtime DC personalities. There was never anything "outsider" or "maverick" about his campaign. Yet morons bought it hook line and sinker. Oh no, he's going to "Make America Great", didn't you hear?

Even if you're "Conservative", I can't understand how people can NOT see that the mere fact that man got elected, is a sick joke. Don't get me wrong, Hillary winning would have been a sick joke in it's own right. But a "man" like Trump, becoming President of the United States of America? That's the be-all end-all. Regardless of what he actually does or doesn't do as "President", it will take our nation decades to live down the fact that we actually voted a living joke like him into office.

The big two parties are beyond corrupt, and our political system is incredibly broken.