By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Switch #Bendgate!! Yup!

twintail said:
probably not widespread like the rest of the issues but pretty weird how many issues have cropped up

More issues than this?  :

Top 5 Most Reported Technical PlayStation 4 Issues and Problems and How to Fix Them

Console Turning Off (35% of PS4 owners experiencing a problem)

• No Audio / Video (25%)
  • PS4 Freezing (20%)
  • Disc Drive Problems (10%)
  • Other Technical Issues (10%)
  • PS4 hardware issues, and what you can do to resolve them
    Blinking blue light of death
    Red line of death
    Disc ejection problems
    Problems plaguing the PlayStation 4 (and some possible solutions)

Problem: Damaged HDMI port and faulty HDMI cables
    Bug: PlayStation Network connectivity problems
    Bug: Disc read and application errors
    I didn't copy any of the repeat mentions, so that's 10 issues reported regarding PS4 consoles in just the first 3 articles I looked at.

Around the Network
    Mandalore76 said:
    twintail said:
    probably not widespread like the rest of the issues but pretty weird how many issues have cropped up

More issues than this?  :

Top 5 Most Reported Technical PlayStation 4 Issues and Problems and How to Fix Them

Console Turning Off (35% of PS4 owners experiencing a problem)

• No Audio / Video (25%)
  • PS4 Freezing (20%)
  • Disc Drive Problems (10%)
  • Other Technical Issues (10%)
  • PS4 hardware issues, and what you can do to resolve them
    Blinking blue light of death
    Red line of death
    Disc ejection problems
    Problems plaguing the PlayStation 4 (and some possible solutions)

Problem: Damaged HDMI port and faulty HDMI cables
    Bug: PlayStation Network connectivity problems
    Bug: Disc read and application errors
    I didn't copy any of the repeat mentions, so that's 10 issues reported regarding PS4 consoles in just the first 3 articles I looked at.

lol god forbid you popped a DVD into the PS4 before updating early in its life.

I remember literally no issues with the PS4 when it came out. Maybe wifi not being strong but besides that...zero... Nothing like the Switch launch..or worse yet...the legendary RROD.

squibbfire said:
    I remember literally no issues with the PS4 when it came out. Maybe wifi not being strong but besides that...zero... Nothing like the Switch launch..or worse yet...the legendary RROD.

That's because it's not "cool" to mention PS4 hardware issues.  Doesn't mean they didn't exist  (see above).

no ...not with the console wars going on.  No way no how. Xbox crowd would have revelled in them and we would still hear about it today.

Around the Network
    squibbfire said:

no ...not with the console wars going on.  No way no how. Xbox crowd would have revelled in them and we would still hear about it today.

Link are above.  So, clearly people reported issues.  A PS4 turning off in the middle of playing a game, or flat out not even accepting a disc being put in sound like more severe problems than some of the Switch things that are getting blown out of proportion by a handful of people.

But does it blend?

squibbfire said:

Most of these issues happened in the early days, 2013 (launch) and 2014.  Years when Sony's marketing machine was firing on all cylinders and Xbox was floundering in a sea of poor press.  There were very few avid Xbox defenders to be seen at launch and throughout most of 2014 as the brand was thoroughly tainted by Microsoft's BS during the Xbone announcement and E3 2013.  I speak no hyperbole when I say that the PR for Xbone was the worst in the history of consoles, with the head honcho saying "we have a system for those without good internet: it's called the 360" and a high level dev tweeting those complaining that they needed to #DealWithIt (which made mainstream news for how brazenly asinine it was).  Meanwhile, Sony's launch and first year marketing were some of the best a console has had.  Those two combined thoroughly drowned out any negativity surrounding the launch.  

And RROD was remembered because of how long it lasted.  The Switch has been out for a month, comparing this to RROD is hyperbolic in the extreme. 

SpokenTruth said:
    squibbfire said:

Did you literally just ignore Mandalore76's post?

His post is irrelevent.

I can find articles on the Playstation 2 having some isses. But at the time they was no one talking about them because...THERE WAS LITERALLY WAS NO ISSUES.

And there sure wasnt a youtube video with 9 million views and causal conversation about it everywhere.

squibbfire said:
    SpokenTruth said:

Did you literally just ignore Mandalore76's post?

His post is irrelevent.

I can find articles on the Playstation 2 having some isses. But at the time they was no one talking about them because...THERE WAS LITERALLY WAS NO ISSUES.

And there sure wasnt a youtube video with 9 million views and causal conversation about it everywhere.

using crowbcat video as a measurement, lmao