By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - This is what happens when transgender is accepted as valid

Everyone should be able to surgically "change their sex" if they want, as long as they have the money to do it.
However, given the high suicide rates trans people have, maybe it would be best to not encourage this behavior, it's a choice for the rest of your life which should not be made on a whim.
Someone will say the high suicidal rates are because of discrimination by society, which i don't agree, i'm sure they face some discrimination, but the biggest cause seems to be mental instability.

At the end of the day, the important thing is being free to make your own choices and face the benefits and consequences.

Just don't force me to use made up pronouns like "xer" or "zi", if you want to be adressed as a she, sure why not, it's basic respect.

Around the Network
Helloplite said:
Why do you care what, who or with whom someone identifies as? Be who you are, let others be who they are as well. If I want to identify with trees, let me identify with trees. If another wants to be a woman, despite being born a 'man', let them identify as a woman. No one is imposing anything on you. This does not affect your freedom and liberty as a human being.

What are you afraid of? That somehow identity will come to mean nothing? Identity has always meant nothing, son.

So you don't see a problem with anyone thinking the world is flat? Or that the Earth is the center of the universe.  

Let me put it in a way you would care for.  What if everyone believed videogames where bad for them.  Wouldn't you make a thread that said: no actually games aren't bad for you.  Games are just fun.