By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Bandorr said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Is this thread dead now ?

P5 is selling really well.

Persona 5 is number 1 - that's all you need to know.

Although good to see Horizon and Mario Kart doing well.

Curious about Lego world. It is doing better on xb1 than ps4. Is that because they have less to buy, or do they like it more?

Lego games usually sell better on xbox than on Playstation in the US. There was even a lego bundle In 2015.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I hope it goes on to sell a millions its first month, shutting up everyone that calls these japanese games "niche" and goes "who the hell plays that crap?".

"There are dozens of us!" - I say... and its seemingly a great game, deserves every sale.

Tickles me pink, seeing Persona 5, being the best selling game on amazon.

That there are 2 sku's of it ahead of any xbox one game...  this "niche" game.... riiiiight.

I really hope that happens.Not only to show that Japanese games sell(that isnt action based), but also that turn based games are far from dead and, when well implemented, can be more viable than other methods.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

JRPGfan said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I hope it goes on to sell a millions its first month, shutting up everyone that calls these japanese games "niche" and goes "who the hell plays that crap?".

"There are dozens of us!" - I say... and its seemingly a great game, deserves every sale.

Tickles me pink, seeing Persona 5, being the best selling game on amazon.

That there are 2 sku's of it ahead of any xbox one game...  this "niche" game.... riiiiight.

Haha yes, an arrested development quote!

I find it interesting that in like the last 3wks of march the XBO wasn't even in top 100 most times, but almost immediately after it turned to April, 2 different SKUs moved down to the 70s.

p0isonparadise said:
poklane said:
Wait, am I just looking at the wrong place or is the Pro still having stock issues?

You're correct, no Pro stock on Amazon. I'm not even sure if any third parties are selling it.

What the hell is wrong with Sony? They created a major advantage MS and Scorpio by getting the Pro out a year ahead of time, but there's not much advantage if people can't even buy one. I was planning to possibly get a pro soon on Amazon, so I hope stock replenishes soon. 

Around the Network
Turkish said:
NiS is a terrible abbreviation and the guy who proposed it should be punished.

Why NiS when there is SWI for convenience sake.

It should be changed to NS.  That's what Vgchartz uses.  

Anyway great to see Persona 5 still #1

pitzy272 said:
p0isonparadise said:

You're correct, no Pro stock on Amazon. I'm not even sure if any third parties are selling it.

What the hell is wrong with Sony? They created a major advantage MS and Scorpio by getting the Pro out a year ahead of time, but there's not much advantage if people can't even buy one. I was planning to possibly get a pro soon on Amazon, so I hope stock replenishes soon. 

There's only one thing I can think of that makes sense, since it should be pretty easy for Sony to make enough Pros to keep up with demand.  There were rumors that Sony is working on a Slimmer model.  Since we already have the PS4 S, this is probably the PS4 Pro S.  My guess is they are waiting for E3, or possibly before, to have a soft relaunch of the Pro.  Probably be the same size as the OG PS4, but $50-$100 cheaper.  Price is going to depend on what MS launches the Scorpio at.  If they went for the more positive assumptions for the Scorpio, that's going to increase the price beyond $399, so we'll probably only see a $349 Pro.  However, if they didn't go too nuts on the specs, and can get out a $399 Scorpio, Sony is most likely going to answer with a $299 Pro S.

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE:
#08 NiS Grey (same)
#12 PS4 UC4 (down 2)
#22 NES (down 4)
#50 NES Eu Version (down 6)
#54 NiS Neon (down 8)
#67 XB1 Minecraft (down 2)
#77 XB1 Battlefield (down 4)
#87 PS4 Fool's Edition (re-entry)

SOFTWARE**:

#04 NiS Mario Kart 8 Delux (down 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20:**

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

Tagged

This Nis and Nes is still holding well!

Pocky Lover Boy!