By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BoTW improves performance with version 1.1.1 (Both on Switch and WiiU)

People on reddit are reporting the same, is running smoother now

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/62i6sk/botw_version_111_was_just_released/dfms8up/

Around the Network

How are the villages?

Very nice.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

d21lewis said:
How are the villages?

Haven't tested them, but the one I was in (Gerudo Town) was running clearly better than yesterday on my WiiU

mZuzek said:
Huh, thought this was Switch only, nice to see it's on the Wii U as well.

Just tested it, it's definitely improved. Still dropping to 20fps-ish in Kakariko Village and Hateno Village, but it seems to do so less often. The thing is, I feel like the game always targets 20fps when it can't reach 30fps (that's what it looks like, anyway - not sure why they would make the game like that), which means that it still drops hard when it does. It is surely dropping less often, though.

So yeah, it's still dropping to 20fps where it used to, but less often. Besides the traditional bad performance places, it seems to be flawless everywhere else (no more random drops here and there). Hopefully this is only the beginning and there'll be more of these to come.

On Gerudo Town seems like there is no drops anymore, I just happen to be playing that zone now and while yesterday I was having the usual framedrops, today I think I had none.

Around the Network

This is one of the reasons I think reviewers don't take framerate into account so much if the game functions fine anyway. It gets patched and pixed. Granted, it shouldn't have needed the fix in the first place, but considering that it's been out less than a month it's certainly welcome. And it shows that it's not a matter of power that causes the framerate issues, but optimization.

Also, kudos for patching the Wii U version as well.  I was expecting the Switch version to be patched but not the one for the older console, both because it is now a dead console with fewer people who have the game, and because the Wii U is less powerful than the Switch, which I assumed would make these fixes harder.

Yup, FPS is definitely improved.

Good news.

Performance is improved and still plenty of hours ahead for me. I'm a slow gamer, only 25 shrines cleared.

d21lewis said:
How are the villages?

Just tested it. I couldn't verify any frame drops in Hateno Town nor Kakariko. Runs alright. At the Deku Tree though, it still goes down a bit, but that section plays way better than before in docked mode.

Overall I would say 90% less frame drops. That's a huge improvement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hdGpEPy-K4

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Great news. I'm only on my 13th shrine but the frame rates were starting to be a nuisance. Excellent shit