By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BoTW improves performance with version 1.1.1 (Both on Switch and WiiU)

okr said:
Good news.

Performance is improved and still plenty of hours ahead for me. I'm a slow gamer, only 25 shrines cleared.

How many there is?

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network
Knitemare said:
okr said:
Good news.

Performance is improved and still plenty of hours ahead for me. I'm a slow gamer, only 25 shrines cleared.

How many there is?

How many Shrines?  120.

Sort of off topic, but I love how the game auto-updated in Switch. Talk about painless and seamless. My god it looks to be done right.

mZuzek said:
superchunk said:
Sort of off topic, but I love how the game auto-updated in Switch. Talk about painless and seamless. My god it looks to be done right.

It was already like this on the Wii U (hell I think even 3DS does it). How is it on other consoles?

It's the same on the PS4. You just have to allow the system to update while in stand-by mode. Same as for the Wii U.

Nuvendil said:

How many Shrines?  120.

Holy molly! I want to finish HZD rite now so I can start BotW!! I know Ill be late to the party, but my hype is increasing at an alarming rate!

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
I wonder if Digital Foundry are planning on making a video on this showing exact framerates and such, it's nice to know they're working on the framerate issue, because it means I'll be having a smoother experience when I get around to buying a Switch and the game :)

Considering they religiously cover No Mans Sky updates, I'd hope they cover this as well.

Pavolink said:

So, overall no problem? Read minutes ago that the Wii U version make it run with lower resolution. Can anybody tell us their experience with the patch in the Wii U version?

A lot of the basic areas have been improved. But key areas where you'd want the FPS drop to be gone, isn't. Like the Boss fight in the Gerudo beast. It still lags. But, I was able to draw arrows easier. There was a slight improvement, with certian particles, not bogging the fps down further. I just started Death moutain. And main areas lag there. It is an improvement. They just need to do more.

Villages are more or less 30fps locked now. Forests still have slowdown, but they're noticeably improved. Tall grass is causing slowdown maybe 1/3rd as often as it used to.

This is a nice little update, and file size shouldn't cause anyone issues.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Very Nice!

Just to comment. Now that I installed on Switch the performance is better but pop in is more noticeable to me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile