By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yes, I give up, Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Amazing game! 378 72.14%

Very good. 88 16.79%

Bad game. 58 11.07%

Total:524

I was sure Zelda was the better game, yet the further I get with HZD the less sure I get. I doubt HZD will beat the 172 hours I spend (or wasted) on Zelda though.

Both games you get OP. Even Lynels went down way too easy in the end and I simply ran by most enemies cause why bother fighting them anymore. I've reached that same stage in HZD, fun to let them fight eachother, yet anything less than the really big ones are no longer interesting to fight myself.

Zelda is bigger and comes with 20 years of nostalgia, yet also with a lot of baggage and expectations. HZD is fresh with a great story. In Zelda I didn't care for the story, nor for most of the side quests. In HZD I'm still doing every side quest I find and enjoy them. Zelda allows for more experimentation with game mechanics and word traversal, HZD lets you experiment more with the combat and has the better UI for that.

They are both awesome, and both much more enjoyable than TW3.

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
PigPen said:
ABizzel1 was basically saying one game is better then the other depending on what you prefer, Action / Adventure or RPG / Adventure. While not to down his opinion, I have my own and Metacritic clearly shows which is the better game. Oh, and nobody opinion comes before mine.

And that is all fine but what was the purpose you you saying waha does metacritic say? He CLEARY said it depends on preference which is true. We CLEARLY know that BoTW has a higher Metacritic than Horizon.....so again what was the reason you quoted him and said what does metacritic say when he said they just boil down to which ever one you prefer?

And if no ones opinion comes before yours then why did you say and I quote "I would have to play both games to do that, so I rely on the opinions of others."? If no ones opinion comes before yours then why do you reply on the opinions of others instead of just deciding for yourself? It would have been better to say "I have not played both so I can't say which one I would prefer over the other for sure."

But that's not what you did...you came in and said "What do metacritic say" for some random reason to a person who just stated that is comes to down preference and said what they felt and prefered.

I can say which one I would prefer over the other.  Horizon might be a good game but Zelda is a no brainer.

PigPen said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

And that is all fine but what was the purpose you you saying waha does metacritic say? He CLEARY said it depends on preference which is true. We CLEARLY know that BoTW has a higher Metacritic than Horizon.....so again what was the reason you quoted him and said what does metacritic say when he said they just boil down to which ever one you prefer?

And if no ones opinion comes before yours then why did you say and I quote "I would have to play both games to do that, so I rely on the opinions of others."? If no ones opinion comes before yours then why do you reply on the opinions of others instead of just deciding for yourself? It would have been better to say "I have not played both so I can't say which one I would prefer over the other for sure."

But that's not what you did...you came in and said "What do metacritic say" for some random reason to a person who just stated that is comes to down preference and said what they felt and prefered.

I can say which one I would prefer over the other.  Horizon  might be a good game but Zelda is a no brainer.

And that is perfectly fine. So all that other stuff was just a waste man lol. Bringing up metacritic, saying you rely on the opinions of others, telling people you prefer the opinions of many others(metacritic) over theirs etc. You could have easily just said that you prefer Zelda and that is your right. Why you went into all that other stuff is beyond me lol. I have Horizon but have not played it yet because I had a backlog of games to play but will be starting on it tomorrow after I get off of work so I can have all weeeknd to dive into it. Won't get to try Zelda until later this year when I buy a Switch around the Holidays.

But going from what I have seen of gameplay of both and what I have read. I am 100% positive this will be my favotire Zelda game of all time but I also feel that I will prefer the style of Horizon more so I am leaning more towards Horizon as my choice out of the two for now. But I know one thing is for sure they will both be AMAZING games! And they both scored VERY well and are selling VERY well and both deserve it!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

PigPen said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I can say which one I would prefer over the other.  Horizon might be a good game but Zelda is a no brainer.

I have a question for you. Lets say you're looking for a game with a lot of high speed action and fast mobility. Which game are you going to prefer, Halo 5 or Battlefield 1?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

TheBlackNaruto said:
PigPen said:

I can say which one I would prefer over the other.  Horizon  might be a good game but Zelda is a no brainer.

And that is perfectly fine. So all that other stuff was just a waste man lol. Bringing up metacritic, saying you rely on the opinions of others, telling people you prefer the opinions of many others(metacritic) over theirs etc. You could have easily just said that you prefer Zelda and that is your right. Why you went into all that other stuff is beyond me lol. I have Horizon but have not played it yet because I had a backlog of games to play but will be starting on it tomorrow after I get off of work so I can have all weeeknd to dive into it. Won't get to try Zelda until later this year when I buy a Switch around the Holidays.

But going from what I have seen of gameplay of both and what I have read. I am 100% positive this will be my favotire Zelda game of all time but I also feel that I will prefer the style of Horizon more so I am leaning more towards Horizon as my choice out of the two for now. But I know one thing is for sure they will both be AMAZING games! And they both scored VERY well and are selling VERY well and both deserve it!

I do rely on the opinion of others on Metacritic. It gives me a idea if I should waste my time on a game are not.  That alone ain't enough though, I also need to see trailers. I make the call if I want to try a game or not, not Meta.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
PigPen said:

I have a question for you. Lets say you're looking for a game with a lot of high speed action and fast mobility. Which game are you going to prefer, Halo 5 or Battlefield 1?

I like Halo and never played Battlefield. 

Who are the 11% of people who think this is a bad game?

BraLoD said:
PigPen said:

I like Halo and never played Battlefield. 

What does Metacritic say?

I don't know, but what I do know is I like Halo.

TheBlackNaruto said:
PigPen said:

Whenever someone brings metacritic score. I stop paying attention to them. He did that because that was his only crutch to put the game down compared to Zelda

Rem87919394 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Whenever someone brings metacritic score. I stop paying attention to them. He did that because that was his only crutch to put the game down compared to Zelda

That's true, I did.