By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 is burning right now!

Wallet is dying, 1 like = 1 prayer

Like 264 76.30%

I don't own PS4 82 23.70%

Total:346
Bandorr said:
Nautilus said:

Its not crying, its pointing out that those games arent exclusives, since they are present on other platforms.I personally find this "console exclusivity"  BS, since its a way to spin the narrative to make the brand of choice look better.Something is exclusive if it is only available to a certain company owned platform.If it is also on other competitors platform, it isnt exclusive in any way.

I'd argue that something is exclusive to someone unless it is on all the main platforms.

Skyrim is on everything. Disgaea 5 is exclusive to PS4/switch. Quantum break is exclusive to PC/windows10 and Xbox 10.

This is a list of games none of which are on the xbox one, or the Switch.

On top of which - who cares? We don't need 50 threads about this, but we also don't need EVERY thread devolving into "but but it is on the PC". That adds nothing to the conversation.

Do you actually want to write out "This is not on Nintendo wii U, Switch, Xbox 360, xbox one, or the windows 10 store" every time they say exclusive?

You are having this kind of problem with the word exactly because of the missuse of the word nowadays.When it is exclusive, it should mean it is exclusive to that platform.If it multiplatform, then it should be listed which platforms they are on.Its not that I dont understand when there is a thread saying how great PS4 exclusives are, that they are "console exclusives".I just find the use of the word innapropriate.

And you could also apply the same logic for when they use just exclusive when its actually "console exclusive", people could be missinformed that that certain game is also available on PC.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Nautilus said:

Its not crying, its pointing out that those games arent exclusives, since they are present on other platforms.I personally find this "console exclusivity"  BS, since its a way to spin the narrative to make the brand of choice look better.Something is exclusive if it is only available to a certain company owned platform.If it is also on other competitors platform, it isnt exclusive in any way.

I'd argue that something is exclusive to someone unless it is on all the main platforms.

Skyrim is on everything. Disgaea 5 is exclusive to PS4/switch. Quantum break is exclusive to PC/windows10 and Xbox 10.

On top of which - who cares? We don't need 50 threads about this, but we also don't need EVERY thread devolving into "but but it is on the PC". That adds nothing to the conversation.

Do you actually want to write out "This is not on Nintendo wii U, Switch, Xbox 360, xbox one, or the windows 10 store" every time they say exclusive?

But we also don't need 50 thread on X game being exclusive to Y system when it's already on anotehr platform either, let alone 50 more threads on "exclusive metascored" games. We also don't need some dude mocking other people for pointing out said information either, like ever at all.

By the way, if you ever at all in the future ened to tell anyone that any game is also on another platform, you'd be falling into that last part you wrote very easily.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nautilus said:
Bandorr said:

You are having this kind of problem with the word exactly because of the missuse of the word nowadays.When it is exclusive, it should mean it is exclusive to that platform.If it multiplatform, then it should be listed which platforms they are on.Its not that I dont understand when there is a thread saying how great PS4 exclusives are, that they are "console exclusives".I just find the use of the word innapropriate.

And you could also apply the same logic for when they use just exclusive when its actually "console exclusive", people could be missinformed that that certain game is also available on PC.

I think the issue is....95% of people who visit video game forums KNOW when someone says exclusive they are meaning not on the one of the other competing platforms when discussing SONY/MS/NIN. So why the need to bring it up in every thread about Sony, MS or NIN exclusives.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Mystro-Sama said:

Makes no sense when you realise they'll be putting all those games on PC soon.

Except people would rather buy a home console than a PC nowadays.. pc is a dying platform, as tablets and smartphones get bigger and stronger.... they are likely to take over.... streaming and digital are the way to go....

Sony is wise to offer PS NOW as a gaming version of Netflix.... which is why Microsoft is following with their program 

mM
The_Yoda said:
Bandorr said:

Since when have people had to be THIS clear with exclusives?

Do people really want me to say Persona 4 is not on the PS Vita, Steam, Windows 10, Xbox one, Xbox 360, Wii U, Switch, Nintendo 3d, Nintendo New 3ds, and the ps3 (as long as we are talking in the west) or can I just say it is exclusive?

You open a thread talking about the ps4. You look at a long list of games that are ALL on the ps4. Do people really need to go "wait that is on PC, that is on the ps2 and ps3, that is on vita" etc. Or can they just not accept it isn't on any Microsoft or Nintendo systems (minus DDD that is a part of 2.8).

The same would be said if you made the inverse of it. If you talked about a list of PC games and you included Danganronpa, Nonary, and Nier along with a bunch of other PC games - in a thread about PC - no one should go "but but but it is on Playstation".

People need to use context and understanding.

Or when people are boasting you can't play this anywhere else i.e. what the term exclusive means and you can in fact play it on other platforms, then they need to say "console exclusive" not "exclusive"

ex·clu·sive

ikˈsklo͞osiv/

noun

an item or story published or broadcast by only one source.

ex·clu·sive
ikˈsklo͞osiv/
adjective

1. 1.
    excluding or not admitting other things.
Doesn't say anything about "one"

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
The_Yoda said:

Or when people are boasting you can't play this anywhere else i.e. what the term exclusive means and you can in fact play it on other platforms, then they need to say "console exclusive" not "exclusive"

ex·clu·sive

ikˈsklo͞osiv/

noun

While several definitions say "one" none have stated that it CAN'T be across multiple groups. As long is someone is excluded, something is exclusive.

Leading back to the question - WHAT IS THE POINT? Do you actually enter this thread and go "but but that is on PC" and actually find yourself confused?
It is made very clear by the thread title and the list what the context is. Leading to the point why derail a thread if the context and the point is clear?

Since when are "one" and "multiple" interchangeable?

So by your definition Don't Starve would be exclusive to Nintendo because it isn't on the Ouya and that system is therefore excluded making it a Nintendo exclusive when it can in fact be played on all major platforms .... no just no.  Exclusive means there is only one place to play it.  The closest I could come to stretching the definition of exclusive would be if something was cross-buy on PS4/Vita but was not present on any other platform.

From the OP: "I've probably missed some. We're just 3 months into 2017, and it doesn't seem like the train of awesome exclusives is going to stop anytime soon." by that context they seem to state the above list is also "exclusives" and if that was their intent then they are misleading the reader intentionally or otherwise. The second sentence is it's own thought so perhaps he didn't intend for the list to be exclusives and just making a list of good games on the platform. I can't say for sure what he was thinking but I find the wording in the OP to leave a little something to be desired. I can also understand it being derailed when people play fast and loose with the definition of a word

Ali_16x said:
The_Yoda said:

ex·clu·sive

ikˈsklo͞osiv/

noun <------------------see here!

ex·clu·sive
ikˈsklo͞osiv/
adjective

1. 1.
    excluding or not admitting other things.
Doesn't say anything about "one"

Good job on not copying the definition for the noun. If it wasn't intentional do your search again and read the whole definition

Bandorr said:
The_Yoda said:

Since when are "one" and "multiple" interchangeable?

So by your definition Don't Starve would be exclusive to Nintendo because it isn't on the Ouya and that system is therefore excluded making it a Nintendo exclusive when it can in fact be played on all major platforms .... no just no.  Exclusive means there is only one place to play it.  The closest I could come to stretching the definition of exclusive would be if something was cross-buy on PS4/Vita but was not present on any other platform.

From the OP: "I've probably missed some. We're just 3 months into 2017, and it doesn't seem like the train of awesome exclusives is going to stop anytime soon." by that context they seem to state the above list is also "exclusives" and if that was their intent then they are misleading the reader intentionally or otherwise. The second sentence is it's own thought so perhaps he didn't intend for the list to be exclusives and just making a list of good games on the platform. I can't say for sure what he was thinking but I find the wording in the OP to leave a little something to be desired. I can also understand it being derailed when people play fast and loose with the definition of a word

Platform(s) Microsoft Windows
OS X
Linux
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
Xbox One
Wii U
PlayStation Vita
iOS
Android

So why would Don't starve be exclusive to Nintendo? It is on PS3, ps4, Xbox one, Wi U, Vita, AND PC. It is literally on EVERY platform. That is the exact opposite of a exclusive.

Infact it isn't even ON the Ouya.

Did you mean a different game?

Re-read what I wrote and then read your statement "While several definitions say "one" none have stated that it CAN'T be across multiple groups. As long is someone is excluded, something is exclusive." Don't Starve is a good example of one crap platform being excluded which by your definition would alow you to say that of the 10 platforms you listed all can claim the title Don't Starve as an exclusive because one platform is excluded.  Now do you see where your modified definition breaks down? Exclusive means there is only one place to get, watch, read, or play something.

Some good games there. Might pick up Nier on PC and Persona 5 on PS3.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Nautilus said:

I think the issue is....95% of people who visit video game forums KNOW when someone says exclusive they are meaning not on the one of the other competing platforms when discussing SONY/MS/NIN. So why the need to bring it up in every thread about Sony, MS or NIN exclusives.

Then why the need to bring up the "console exclusive" crap in the first place then?

And I dont like this expression exactly due to we being in a videogame forum.We should be more correct and know the difference betwenn exclusive and also being also on PC.Just like there is a difference betwenn sold-through and shipment, there is a difference in being exclusive and also having a version in Steam.

This "console exclusive" serves no one other the persons who like bragging about their console of choice.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1