By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls III director not concerned about whether or not his next game resembles Dark Souls

Can't wait for E3 where the new game will be announced!

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
bananaking21 said:
i hope the next one is bloodborne 2. its about time we get it already

BB released just 2 years ago and DS3 last year - do we really expect these games each year or every 2 years now?

I'd prefer they take the time they need to come up with awesome and fresh level designs aswell as combat design tweeks and hopefully sort out the flaws of their engine (frame times)

Actual speed of their output is quite impressive:

-2009 - Demon Souls

-2011 - Dark Souls

-2014 - Dark Souls 2

-2015 - Bloodborne

-2015 - DS2 Scholar of the First Sin

-2016 - Dark Souls 3

We could easily have new game this or next year latest.

bananaking21 said:
Lafiel said:

BB released just 2 years ago and DS3 last year - do we really expect these games each year or every 2 years now?

I'd prefer they take the time they need to come up with awesome and fresh level designs aswell as combat design tweeks and hopefully sort out the flaws of their engine (frame times)

out of the souls series and bloodborne, i only played bloodborne. it interests me in ways that Dark souls really doesnt. DS is more defensive, different art style, different lore. Bloodborne on the other hand just hits the right spots for me. so i only played BB, so i really would like another one. if i played all the souls games i would agree with you, it would be over kill. but for me personally i only just played one game, and want more of it. 

Did you tried DS3? I never played and DS game before Bloodborne and I played DS3 after Bloodborne, and I can say that DS3 is also great game.

Miyamotoo said:
bananaking21 said:

out of the souls series and bloodborne, i only played bloodborne. it interests me in ways that Dark souls really doesnt. DS is more defensive, different art style, different lore. Bloodborne on the other hand just hits the right spots for me. so i only played BB, so i really would like another one. if i played all the souls games i would agree with you, it would be over kill. but for me personally i only just played one game, and want more of it. 

Did you tried DS3? I never played and DS game before Bloodborne and I played DS3 after Bloodborne, and I can say that DS3 is also great game.

i havent tried it to be honest. i dont know why, i just dont feel drawn to it like i am to bloodborne. i have no doubt its a great game. but there are differences between it and bloodborne, and i like all those changes. the fast paced, undefensive combat, the gothic dreadfull theme, the hunters and their lore. it all just appeals to me more. i might get dark souls down the line, but im just not feeling it at the moment. 

JRPGfan said:
When your good at makeing certain types of games, nothing wrong with sticking too it.

But it's better when you make more than one kind of game.

EDIT Forgot Otogi

Around the Network

I sometimes tell a joke . No worries.

bananaking21 said:
Miyamotoo said:

i havent tried it to be honest. i dont know why, i just dont feel drawn to it like i am to bloodborne. i have no doubt its a great game. but there are differences between it and bloodborne, and i like all those changes. the fast paced, undefensive combat, the gothic dreadfull theme, the hunters and their lore. it all just appeals to me more. i might get dark souls down the line, but im just not feeling it at the moment. 

Actually DS3 is much more similar to Bloodborne than to previous DS games, DS3 is also fast paced with great combat, doesn't have gothic theme it has medieval theme. You definitely need to try DS3, most likely you love it if you loved Bloodborne, after playing Bloodborne and DS3 I really can't say what game is better for me.

Miyamotoo said:
bananaking21 said:

Actually DS3 is much more similar to Bloodborne than to previous DS games, DS3 is also fast paced with great combat, doesn't have gothic theme it has medieval theme. You definitely need to try DS3, most likely you love it if you loved Bloodborne, after playing Bloodborne and DS3 I really can't say what game is better for me.

i think ill eventually try it. if i find it for super cheap i dont think ill resist and get it. 

Miyazaki: Dark Souls Series Is Done For Now; Working On Several Games That Could Appeal

http://wccftech.com/miyazaki-dark-souls-series-done-games-interesting/