By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How the heck did Sony manage to retake the console market again?

LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I don't know more about any deal that yoshida had nor would I presume to know more than him in general. I do  know what third, second and first party are though.

So you're saying Yoshida has no idea what third, second and first party are. Interesting. Wonder how he has a job.

Not at all. You're dragging things out by putting words in my mouth. Just point me to the cod and I will check out the publishers.

Around the Network

Im just letting you know that Sony defines their publishing deal with Call of Duty as 2nd party. You're literally telling me it's not, so save the BS about putting words into your mouth. What you need to do is just take the L and move on. Sunset is a 2nd party game, get over it.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Im just letting you know that Sony defines their publishing deal with Call of Duty as 2nd party. You're literally telling me it's not, so save the BS about putting words into your mouth. What you need to do is just take the L and move on. Sunset is a 2nd party game, get over it.

I'm saying shows me the proof that Sony said that. I never knew Sony co published cod at all. In fact, Wikipedia doesn't even have the PlayStation listed as a supported platform for part two.

Just Google Sony publishing Black Ops 3, there was an interview some time ago where he talked about wanting more 2nd party deals like that.

Now the million dolllar question is, given how often you praise Sony here, will a direct confirmation from a big time Sony exec himself make you admit you were wrong and take the L or will the thread see even more shifting of goalposts? I gotta say, I'm hoping for the latter, just because I wanna see what you could possibly come up with.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Just Google Sony publishing Black Ops 3, there was an interview some time ago where he talked about wanting more 2nd party deals like that.

Now the million dolllar question is, given how often you praise Sony here, will a direct confirmation from a big time Sony exec himself make you admit you were wrong and take the L or will the thread see even more shifting of goalposts? I gotta say, I'm hoping for the latter, just because I wanna see what you could possibly come up with.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/11/sony-japans-new-vp-of-software-business-wants-to-make-more-second-party-deals-with-publishers/

It was a second party game in Japan because it was published by Sony. Hes speaking about how he wants to Publish more games in Aisa.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

I read it.i think you mean Sony and Microsoft acted as second party publishers for their respective platforms in Japan since neither activision and square would do it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I read it.i think you mean Sony and Microsoft acted as second party publishers for their respective platforms in Japan since neither activision and square wouldn't do it.

That's exactly what I and Yoshida said. In Japan, Blops 3 is a 2nd party game. What Yoshida is telling you is that deals where they publish the game, regardless of whether they own the IP or if they commissioned the game, is a 2nd party deal. Which would make Sunset a 2nd party game, as MS not only published, but also funded :)

To say anything otherwise would be saying you know more about these deals than someone who actually makes them. It seems so much easier to just admit you're wrong on what a 2nd party game is. I mean, is it really that big a deal that Insomniac is a 2nd party partner with MS this gen? I'm having a hard time understanding why you have your head so deep in the sand over this.

LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I read it.i think you mean Sony and Microsoft acted as second party publishers for their respective platforms in Japan since neither activision and square wouldn't do it.

That's exactly what I and Yoshida said. In Japan, Blops 3 is a 2nd party game. What Yoshida is telling you is that deals where they publish the game, regardless of whether they own the IP or if they commissioned the game, is a 2nd party deal. Which would make Sunset a 2nd party game, as MS not only published, but also funded :)

To say anything otherwise would be saying you know more about these deals than someone who actually makes them. It seems so much easier to just admit you're wrong on what a 2nd party game is. I mean, is it really that big a deal that Insomniac is a 2nd party partner with MS this gen? I'm having a hard time understanding why you have your head so deep in the sand over this.

actually I was differentiating between a second party publisher and developer (who make things exclusively for a platform for the ip holder). I was referring to a second party developer. The deal with cod is different Much like how Sony wouldn't pay for demon souls Outside of Japan Altus and namco had to step to publish over here as well as in other places

Third party control their intellectual property. Microsoft don't have as many rights as insomniac to sunset overdrive outside of exclusivity

Nintendo adjusting their market to overlap ps4/xbox, and in the process losing all everything. Xbox one making hardcore gamer-unfriendly choices, that were exploited by PS4, and ultimately, being $100 cheaper than xbox.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

actually I was differentiating between a second party publisher and developer (who make things exclusively for a platform for the ip holder). I was referring to a second party developer. The deal with cod is different Much like how Sony wouldn't pay for demon souls Outside of Japan Altus and namco had to step to publish over here as well as in other places

Third party control their intellectual property. Microsoft don't have as many rights as insomniac to sunset overdrive outside of exclusivity

To be honest I expected some better spin than this. No, you weren't differentiating anything. You didn't bring up any different between publisher and developer at all until I provided you actual evidence from someone who actually works in the industry that the type of deal you're describing is in fact second party. Trying to now say there is a difference between publishing and developing is just feeble shifting of goal posts. Here, let me help you with a gif.

This is what you're doing:

This is what you need to be doing:

No offense intended but jeebus, give it a fucking rest already. It's embarassing.