By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch in Stock at ToysRUs March 25th

Tagged games:

Bandorr said:
Jranation said:

If you really want to play Zelda or any of the upcoming games (MK8, Arms, Splatoon, FE Warriors) then you would buy it before those games comes out. 

Except that Zelda is on the wii U. MK8 is just a remastered MK8 with battle mode, and FE Warriors will be on the N3DS.

Plus why buy it BEFORE it comes out and miss out on a chance of a bundle?

That said the first games I'm excited for are Xenoblade and Mario. So I have a long time to wait for bundles and discounts.

Why would you want to play a game in 240p when you can play it in 720p-1080p instead? All that to just save $50 during the span of a year?

And you can't play Zelda everywhere you want on the Wii U. I've been playing lot's of Zelda on the train to work. 

Also the new battle mode in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe totally justifies buying it again. Plus the fact that I can play it everywhere I want, unlike the Wii U version. And it's in 1080p now. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Bandorr said:

Except that Zelda is on the wii U. MK8 is just a remastered MK8 with battle mode, and FE Warriors will be on the N3DS.

That said the first games I'm excited for are Xenoblade and Mario. So I have a long time to wait for bundles and discounts.

Why would you want to play a game in 240p when you can play it in 720p-1080p instead? All that to just save $50 during the span of a year?

And you can't play Zelda everywhere you want on the Wii U. I've been playing lot's of Zelda on the train to work. 

Also the new battle mode in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe totally justifies buying it again. Plus the fact that I can play it everywhere I want, unlike the Wii U version. And it's in 1080p now. 

As an owner of the Wii U game and all it's DLC I haven't even batted an eye at the port. I don't double dip. I just refuse. The fact of the matter is, I can boot up my Wii U tonight and play it. The battle mode is not, imo, a $60.00 mode. I can wait for MK 9, which will be an entirely new game.

I agree with mountaindewslave. With the way this is selling (in NA at least) I wouldnt expect a price cut for a while. They might have a mario odissey bundle of holidays for $350. rhis is Nintendo not ps or Xbox. If the thing is selling out, no price cuts or good sales.

spurgeonryan said:
I keep telling you people Wal-Mart gets them in twice a week.

Sell out in hours each time.

How many do they get ata time?

Bandorr said:
Jranation said:

If you really want to play Zelda or any of the upcoming games (MK8, Arms, Splatoon, FE Warriors) then you would buy it before those games comes out. 

Except not everyone owns a Wii U. Plus, outside of Zelda and Mario Kart 8, both enhanced on Switch, the rest are new and exclusive games (Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Arms, etc). Not to mention it's kinda weird to compare FE Warriors on 3DS... I mean, 3DS version will look and perform like shit compared to Switch's (just take a look at Hyrule Warriors for instance). There are like 2 or 3 generations of difference between those 2 systems (in capabilities), so the game will end up being very different.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

You know, I remember when GTA 5 and TLOU came out on ps3, I was like nahhh I'll just wait for the ps4 versions to come out before I buy them, and I'm so glad I waited and bought them on ps4, maybes there's plenty off people thinking the same about MK8, why buy a dead Wii u, buy the Switch and get superior versions

Just checked the 8-9 biggest retailers and online shops here, they all seem to have it available for sale (the exception being Komplett). Seems like Japan and NA could have used a bigger initial shipment though, not unexpected.

Hopefully it will get better soon, but still seems to be a big issue :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]