By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is fish a meat?

Yes 266 88.08%

No 30 9.93%

Huh, never thought about that 6 1.99%

Total:302
Dulfite said:

I just don't get it. Unless your a Hindu (or some other religion I'm unaware of that views certain animals as sacred) I don't get why anyone would have a problem with someone else eating meat. I don't know any other religious objection and, as far as none religious people go, why would you care? If you (I speak generally, not to you) don't believe in anything, then why does it matter what other people eat? If you don't believe in anything, then you believe everything is going to die and end at some point anyway, so why bother with caring about a cow or pig or fish? It just doesn't make sense.

So you wouldn't mind Atheist going around killing people because everyone is going to die anyways? In the grand scheme of things we are the least important creatures on the planet. If we went it extinct it would only be beneficial to planet. 

Around the Network

I don't want to offend but it's a bit of a stupid question. Fish is meat and how anyone can question it is weird. Fish are animals and what you eat is it's flesh (plus skin brain and other bits if you're into that) justvlike any other animal that lives on land. It's meat, Simple as that.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Meat is food derived from animals, so I'd say even insects are a form of meat, so of course fish are.

Non meat food are derived from plants.

FIT_Gamer said:
Dulfite said:

I just don't get it. Unless your a Hindu (or some other religion I'm unaware of that views certain animals as sacred) I don't get why anyone would have a problem with someone else eating meat. I don't know any other religious objection and, as far as none religious people go, why would you care? If you (I speak generally, not to you) don't believe in anything, then why does it matter what other people eat? If you don't believe in anything, then you believe everything is going to die and end at some point anyway, so why bother with caring about a cow or pig or fish? It just doesn't make sense.

So you wouldn't mind Atheist going around killing people because everyone is going to die anyways? In the grand scheme of things we are the least important creatures on the planet. If we went it extinct it would only be beneficial to planet. 

Of course I would mind, I am a believer in Christ, Jesus, so I believe mankind was created by God and placed here. Murdering someone else is a sin so of course I would be against that. Not sure how you reached that conclusion by my comments?

Dulfite said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Of course I would mind, I am a believer in Christ, Jesus, so I believe mankind was created by God and placed here. Murdering someone else is a sin so of course I would be against that. Not sure how you reached that conclusion by my comments?

You said if you're not bound to religous beliefs then you shouldn't care becasue the animals are going to die any ways. People are animals who are also going to "die anyways". So by your logic it would be ok for me an Atheist to kill whomever I feel like it.

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:
Dulfite said:

You said if you're not bound to religous beliefs then you shouldn't care becasue the animals are going to die any ways. People are animals who are also going to "die anyways". So by your logic it would be ok for me an Atheist to kill whomever I feel like it.

Ah, that is the confusion. While yes, we are animals, I believe God placed mankind here to be above the animals (Adam/Eve), and to have dominion over them, doing what we will with them. However, murdering other humans is sinful. Therefore, I believe it is wrong for anyone to kill people.

I say fish is meat. Why isn't it classed as meat? Chicken is meat, Kangaroo is meat and fish should be meat.

Btw, I didn't become a vegetarian out of not eating animals. It was for other reasons. And yes, this is an alt account. I'm locked out of my StarOcean account atm

Trunkin said:
WTF? Of course it's meat! The real question is whether or not bugs are meat. I don't even really consider them alive in the same sense as other animals.

Would you eat a bug, StarOcean?

I would and have. Even as a vegetarian. Me and my gf have debated whether eating bugs really counts or not. We aren't hardcore vegetarians and mostly did it for dietary reasons. I mean, some had to do with the treatment of animals in some of the meat factories (Tyson is especially bad XD)

Zoombael said:
Eat rocks. The only way to make sure you dont consume products of sth that is or was alive.

Well, that wasn't my motive to become a vegetarian. 

Eagle367 said:
Its just hypocrisy in my opinion. If you are eating things for health reasons then good on you eat what you want. But if it's something stupid like killing living things then plants are just as living as animals. I feel vegetarians and vegans of that category think they are some superior being deciding which life matters more than others. IH plants aren't living like animals who cares whether they feel pain or not they don't have a nervous system or blood and blah blah blah. Now they are deeming fish to be less of a life as well. Again if its for the benefit of your own body good on you but otherwise vegans and vegetarians are in the same hypocrisy bracket as SJWs and feminazis. Screw their stupid short sighted ideology that is bases on pure hypocrisy

Health reasons, my friend. Nothing about hating meat-eaters. Don't worry, if I wanted meat I could eat it without feeling any guilt XD It was for dietary reasons... sorta. Idk my reason was what most might consider strange.

I can feel your pain. The same thing happens when you tell someone you don't eat grain, yhey'll offer you rice and corn (but it doesn't have gluten in it...).

Taxonomically fish is meat, but gastronomically not. Then again, if you're a vegetarian, fish is not a plant either. Traditionally vegetarian diet allows eggs and dairy.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.