By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - And not a scratch

Fake

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
SuperNova said:

I can, but it might just be .gif limits. I've hade to strip frames when making gifs to meet size limits before.

lol c'mon...the trajectory changes in the end, removing frames does not account for that. it's not rocket science (even though it helps) :D

Honestly, my first thought was that it looks reversed. At theast the part where the Switch 'hits the dock'. But I also dont know how they would pull it out like that either, so I'm a bit at loss :P

Meh, I can de-synch a left joycon with the power of my mind.

DarthMetalliCube said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Someting seems off like it seems edited. Entire frames are missing and the trajectory was not going that way. It's fake af.

Yeaah, plus to me it doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint.. Like, wouldn't you risk breaking your Switch 99 times out of 100 by attempting this?

It also seems to plop into the dock at little too slowly and steadily for being tossed from that distance/height..

Good thing Nintendo is known for extensive product testing (outside of the L Joy-Con yea I know :P)

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/csr/en/report2015/amiibo/02.html

There was another link I saw previously that showed them testing the durability of consoles but I forgot the page. Should be in the Nintendo JP site.

Seems cool, but it was clearly in reverse!

/s

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:

Someting seems off like it seems edited. Entire frames are missing and the trajectory was not going that way. It's fake af.

Looking primarily at the shadows and such, the right half (with the guy) seems legit.

Of course, they set the camera up in a way that results in the Switch leaving the field of view for a moment (something they must clearly have been aware of in their many attempts), which is a fairly common trick.

Still, you can see an accurate reflection of the guy tossing it on the TV. Really, the only thing that looks weird is the Switch itself.

Johnw1104 said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Looking primarily at the shadows and such, the right half (with the guy) seems legit.

Of course, they set the camera up in a way that results in the Switch leaving the field of view for a moment (something they must clearly have been aware of in their many attempts), which is a fairly common trick.

Still, you can see an accurate reflection of the guy tossing it on the TV. Really, the only thing that looks weird is the Switch itself.

The Switch changes spin. Look at these two frames

The Switch doesn't spin fast enough to change from vertical to horizontal in that short distance. So no, it's not a skipped frame, it's a different throw. In fact, in the video it looks as if it changes spin direction from counter clockwise to clockwise just before hitting the dock.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

To be honest both my grannies would have thought it's real.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I tried this with my Switch and the whole room exploded.

d21lewis said:
I tried this with my Switch and the whole room exploded.

Is this a Galaxy Note 7 joke ?