By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

Chazore said:
Aura7541 said:

Not to mention, debating is a skill in itself and JonTron learned that the hard way. He thought that he would be participating in a "shoot the shit" discussion with Destiny while Destiny was on debate mode, hence why JonTron was frequently on the defensive.

And when someone knows how Destiny operates, it's not that hard to beat him in a debate. His recent debate with Sargon of Akkad was a pretty good example of this as he consistently got frustrated because Sargon wouldn't take the strawman bait.

See, that's an example of him being weak to stress when the other person doesn't take his bait, he crumbles against the other side not faltering, rather than himself putting focus on strengthening his side of the debate. I've seen him lose his shit sometimes at even the smallest of talks/thing.

He needs to be a bit more calm and collect when the other side doesn't always fall into his traps, or at elast plan around them and make a better debate  

Oh, you should've seen Destiny's debate with Naked Ape. That was hilarious.

Around the Network

Glad to know I won't be purchasing Yooka-Laylee.

People get so upset at the idea that someone has a different point of view than them, and blindly insist it's racist just because they don't like it and they person in question happens to be white. Like somehow his argument becomes more valid of he's Mexican saying these things.

Which actually is a racist sentiment.

Back to the point of the game, though: I went from being disinterested, too very interested, too vehemently boycotting this game over the course of a single image outlining JonTron's removal.

"Not too interested in it, Banjo wasn't really my thing for all the praise it gets."
"Wait, JonTron is in it? Wow, his voice is perfect for this, as is his personality. I might pick this up."
"Oh, they removed him for politically correct social justice warrior BULLSHIT. Will not be buying."

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Aura7541 said:

Oh, you should've seen Destiny's debate with Naked Ape. That was hilarious.

Link me that here or in PM, I gotta hear this  

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I like Jon so I feel a tiny bit bad here considering he has claimed in the past to be a mega Banjo Kazooie fan.

that said, if you're going to go out and throw your political opinions and shit in the open its aliways a bit of a dangerous move, might piss off endorsers/advertisers and might piss off fans (if they don't agree with you). His own fault for deciding to get into highly watched debates

Don't really care about what he's said, I think he just has said things in the wrong way. Immigration can be a concerning thing- it can be good- it can be bad- just like a lot of things in life. And I think Jontron is more or less speaking on the fact that he feels like nobody should automatically let millions of people into their country out of pressure from progressive groups who may or may not truly weigh the good and bad of doing so. 

Its like inviting someone to move into your house to be your roommate because they're struggling- you obvs want to get to know them and/or make sure you mesh a LITTLE bit before doing it.

Obviously the concept of HELPING someone by bringing them into your land is conceptually a good thing... but it also leads to the possibility of conflict and damage to a society/economy if those migrating are not genuinely interested in embracing their new society and culture (in terms of laws and accepted behavior).

Its sort of like no one would really sympathize if someone moved to Iran and then refused to wear a Hijab... whether or not you agree with it, its their culture, as backwards as it may OR may not be- you don't move to a new place with the expectation that its going to be okay to reject the culture and laws of the land.   Generally we live in parts of the world that match how we WANT to live. The issue these days is that people seem to be migrating SPECIFICALLY for stronger economies NOT culture. And when you have someone wanting to move somewhere to take advantage of jobs/money but who will possibly reject laws/culture... that can become a nightmare.

In Europe right now there is a massive issue of a huge influx of immigrants who are freeloading because they don't know the language of the country they're in, don't have skills, and frankly (in many cases) don't have ANYTHING to do. So it just ends up people living on the back of those who already have lives there. and then what is the country going to do? pay to educate and train all the people who've moved there?

temporary refuge makes sense but when you have incredibly large numbers of people abandoning their homelands for the easy way out rather than staying and trying to improve the culture/lives there. That's not a long term solution that will work.

At any rate Jon has expressed some of his opinions poorly and has made the mistake of making some comments where he seems to put caucasions in their own category (for some reason). I'd say problems with immigration more often can stem from CULTURAL/regional differences in society, but region and culture directly has nothing to do with race per say. 

sucks for him, but publicly talking politics was his choice and he chose to go on some Twitch podcast without being mega prepared. I'm sure he knew that though and probably isn't too burnt up about this.

Wonder how big his part was as far as voicing though and its kind of interesting for this to happen with the game being pretty close to release 

d21lewis said:
Day one purchase. I support their decision.

Damn. JonTron used to be so awesome.

Insert "Die a hero" quote.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
Bandorr said:

So Jontron has the free speech to say some fairly disgusting stuff.

Yet Platonic doesn't also have the same right to get rid of him?

That isn't how things work at all. Person A is allowed to say whatever he wants. Person(or Company B) is allowed to respond to it.

Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequences. People (and companies) are allowed to do and say whatever they want (with in the law of course).

Technically their reaction to Jon's actions, can also lead to the reaction of Azuren choosing not to support Platonic. I mean like you said, it doesn't say freedom of consequences, so the consequence of them removing Jon, removes a purchase from Azuren, or does he now have to buy the game or soemthing out of some rule?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Wow. I won't buy a game developed by pussies. This was gonna be a day one but for me. No way I'm buying it now.

I feel this is worth linking: 

Bandorr said:

Jon can say whatever he wants. The company can fire him. Azuren can boycot them. That is all fine

The issue is his statement comes with a disconnect. It comes off as "the company doesn't have the right to do this" they do.

If the statement was "I don't support their censorship of Jontron" that is one thing. Trying to claim the company is being racist by getting rid of a racist? Is faulty logic.

All still allowed.

The company just did what they wanted to do, nothing Azuren can say will change what was done, what was within Platonic's pwoer and rights to do so, but what Azuren can do is simply not buy their game out of his choice.

End of the day faulty logic or not, he's not buying the game, that's the ending ultimate main point of the decision he made.

Poliwrathlord said:
Wow. I won't buy a game developed by pussies. This was gonna be a day one but for me. No way I'm buying it now.

Attention anyone seeing a career in packaged goods and sales: always associate yourself with controversial actions and comments associated with the products you're trying to sell to people.  Otherwise you're a pussy.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"