By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

He should just stick to YouTube and not upload once every six months :(

Around the Network

unsubscribed

Bandorr said:
He said a lot of disgusting white supremacist crap.
Then he failed at making an apology video.

I didn't know he was in the game. But yeah I'm glad they removed him.

The apology video was that bad? Can you link me to it?

Rocketjay8 said:
Bandorr said:
He said a lot of disgusting white supremacist crap.
Then he failed at making an apology video.

I didn't know he was in the game. But yeah I'm glad they removed him.

It was quite a poor video tbh it comes across as meh things happen I meant to say this sorry I guess, he may have been trying to be genuine in apologizing but the video did come across as a weak apology, I'll try to find the link.

Good. The world doesn't need more bigots.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
EricFabian said:
what he said?

He got destroyed in an argument in a Streaming Show, he wanted to argue about how racism and so on goes both ways which is fair enough but he went about it in the most stupid, to give you an idea it included making sweeping arguments about non whites and immigrants which I won't repeat due to how politically heated this site gets and all of his arguments got shut down by Destiny and co.

Destiny has also eben shown that he too can get "shut down" by others, so he's hardly a saint or anything when it comes to debates and he actually has quite an ego to roll with.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Wyrdness said:

He got destroyed in an argument in a Streaming Show, he wanted to argue about how racism and so on goes both ways which is fair enough but he went about it in the most stupid, to give you an idea it included making sweeping arguments about non whites and immigrants which I won't repeat due to how politically heated this site gets and all of his arguments got shut down by Destiny and co.

Destiny has also eben shown that he too can get "shut down" by others, so he's hardly a saint or anything when it comes to debates and he actually has quite an ego to roll with.

I know all about Destiny I've followed the SC2 scene since WOL when he was a cult figure in it much like what Avilo is today, he's definitely had his moments like when he got dropped by Root over the MSN convo incident.

SegataSanshiro said:
I didn't know about a video I just sway his retarded argument on Twitter being a racist douchebag. Something along the lines Jontron supported the immigrant ban,does not support immigrants even tho his father is Iranian immigrant.

He talked shit and got it in return. Cannot see why anyone would blame political correctness or anything else.

I'd support him if he simply said "i disagree with our current immigration plan", but he just presented it poorly. Doesnt matter if it was a "joke" or if he was "just misunderstood". People should expect consequences from what they say

Bandorr said:
Rocketjay8 said:

http://kotaku.com/youtuber-jontron-tries-to-clarify-his-controversial-vie-1793419660

Scroll down a little and there it is.

Stuff like "I said lots of stuff that could be misconstrued in all sorts of ways" is just not an apology. It is ducking it. Most of the things he said can't be misconstrued. They can't be taken out of context or in a different way.

It was just cowardly. It wasn't apologetic. It wasn't accepting the blame, it was trying to dodge it, dismiss it, or generally ignoring it.

What I don't seem to understand is why he has to apologize about the things he said. If he really belives everything he said then there is no reason to go around apologizing to it. That's the reason why his comment sounded so fake, because he doesn't really feel he has to apologize.

That's his point of view and no one will be able to change it, specially not if everyone demands him to apologize for it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Chazore said:
Wyrdness said:

Not to mention, debating is a skill in itself and JonTron learned that the hard way. He thought that he would be participating in a "shoot the shit" discussion with Destiny while Destiny was on debate mode, hence why JonTron was frequently on the defensive.

And when someone knows how Destiny operates, it's not that hard to beat him in a debate. His recent debate with Sargon of Akkad was a pretty good example of this as he consistently got frustrated because Sargon wouldn't take the strawman bait.