By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

nuckles87 said:
Free speech does not mean speech without consequences, and they are well within their right to change their game as they see fit. I do hope everyone who protests censorship in games understands that. This isn't censorship, it's a change being made by a developer that no longer wishes to have Jontron contributing to their game.

That being said, while I personally plan to avoid Jontron's videos in the future, his voice being in a game I backed didn't bother me in the slightest. But hey, it's their game, and it won't be affecting my experience in any meaningful way, so...eh.

Nail on the head, free speech doesn't mean no consequence.

Around the Network

Well, it's unsurprising. I'm just wondering if they did it because they disagreed with what he said, or they were afraid of associating with him.

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

a lot of dumb stuff with dumb arguments

I need examples, I have to know for myself if it's dumb or not xP

I haven't watched the video, so I can't really verify it, but I found a summary of things that he said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitAmericansSay/comments/5z676o/weve_gotten_rid_of_discrimination_in_our_western/

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

if other races don't want immigrants in their countries, then white america can say "we don't want immigrants here" just an example. 

onionberry said:
BraLoD said:

if other races don't want immigrants in their countries, then white america can say "we don't want immigrants here" just an example. 

I'd say that other countries being xenophobic doesn't mean that we should be xenophobic.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't realize that you were paraphrasing JonTron.

Around the Network

I didn't know about a video I just sway his retarded argument on Twitter being a racist douchebag. Something along the lines Jontron supported the immigrant ban,does not support immigrants even tho his father is Iranian immigrant.

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitAmericansSay/comments/5z676o/weve_gotten_rid_of_discrimination_in_our_western/

VGPolyglot said:
onionberry said:

I'd say that other countries being xenophobic doesn't mean that we should be xenophobic.

Whatever any country is doing doesnt mean anything for another country. In this particular case, for the one country known as the land of "opportunity" and "freedom" it most certainly is trying hard to not be. 

VGPolyglot said:
onionberry said:

yeah we should not be xenophics, if that was the case I would not be here :P

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:

That sounds like something I would hear out of Trump, not a good start xP

It's also ironic considering that his father is Iranian.