By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Often Does Your #1 Game Change?

Tagged games:

Hasn't changed in 7 years. First time I remember having a fave game was Mario 64 in 1996. In 2001 it became Shenmue and in 2010 became Ys Books I & II. Shenmue remains at #2 Mario 64 is not even listed. I only have a list of 6 games as my all time faves.

Around the Network

Majora's Mask #1 forever

Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii has been my #1 game for a couple years now or so, but it may or may not be dethroned by Persona 4 Golden.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Never changed since I played MGS in 2000 or so. Before that I don´t think I even considered what was my favorite.
Maybe ToeJam & Earl.

Metroid Prime will always be my #1, tho other games have been giving it a run for its money lately

Around the Network

Final Fantasy IX took my top spot well over a decade ago, and nothing has shifted it yet. The closest anything has recently gotten was TLOU, which was 6th when i first played it, and then jumped to 3rd after i played the PS4 version.

Didn't really know what my #1 was until I played Twilight Princess, but a few years later, I switched it to Wind Waker (with TP now at #2), and it's never changed since then.

Pokemon Red 1998-2000

Pokemon Gold 2000 - 2006

Super Metroid 2006 - Current ( When I first appreciated the game; I played it before then.)

Hasn't changed since 1995/1996, when I played Yoshi's Island. My top five in general rarely changes either, the rest of which is comprised of:

Tomb Raider 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Twilight Princess
Dino Crisis 2

drbunnig said:
Hasn't changed since 1995/1996, when I played Yoshi's Island. My top five in general rarely changes either, the rest of which is comprised of:

Tomb Raider 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Twilight Princess
Dino Crisis 2

I almost never see an old-school Tomb Raider in someone's top ten! Awesome!

The 1996 original is in my top 10. And I love II, as well :)