By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:

The horseshoe theory is bullshit. Also, leftists are determined by their beliefs, not by whether or not they attack those who disagree with them. Otherwise, Donald Trump would be considered regressive left.

So it's bullshit just because you say so? Thanks. It's amazing how the far left and far right appear to want the exact same things for dramatically different reasons but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Also, I was referring to what the "regressive" part of "regressive left", not the "left" part. Notice how I mention a "regressive right"?

Far left: want a society where work is done I a cooperative, mutually beneficial way where everyone's needs are met.

Far right: want a racially pure society by committing genocide in order to rid the country of groups deemed inferior by them.

Tell me how those two are even remotely similar.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

The horseshoe theory is bullshit. Also, leftists are determined by their beliefs, not by whether or not they attack those who disagree with them. Otherwise, Donald Trump would be considered regressive left.

Not mutually exclusive. Both sides act on their beliefs and the extremes of both sides attack those who disagree with them.

My beliefs are far left. I've never put my hand on someone else because of their political belIefs.

WolfpackN64 said:
Lawlight said:

I'm glad he refused to apologise and bow down to the regressive left and it seems that he's garnering a lot of support. I recommend that everyone should watch his appearance on the Rubin Report.

I swear I'm going to trademark "regressive left" and then proceed to ban everyone from using it. It's such a nondescriptive term it really gets on my nerves.

Nondescriptive? Surely you jest. I think you know exactly what the term means and who it refers to.

VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

So it's bullshit just because you say so? Thanks. It's amazing how the far left and far right appear to want the exact same things for dramatically different reasons but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Also, I was referring to what the "regressive" part of "regressive left", not the "left" part. Notice how I mention a "regressive right"?

Far left: want a society where work is done I a cooperative, mutually beneficial way where everyone's needs are met.

Far right: want a racially pure society by committing genocide in order to rid the country of groups deemed inferior by them.

That's not what the far left means in today's world. Time to get practical instead of using textbook definitions.

VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

Wow. If you think that is actually workable definitions of the terms "far left" and "far right" to use in debate, there's nothing left to say. You just don't know what you're talking about.

Besides, horseshoe theory has little to with the ultimate end goal, but rather the similar extremes both sides are willing to go to in order to the achieve those goals. See both of those things require an extreme level of authoritarian control in order to be put into practice.

Around the Network
twintail said:
potato_hamster said:

Like what? What "flat out incorrect info" has he stated?

you know, anyone who asks me to give examples knows I will to try defend a point I make. But in this case. I just dont really care. And I dont wish to give him the time of day by checking out his vids again. Which doesnt help my cause so I will accept that there is not much else I can add to this opinion of mine. Therefore my point is pretty void at this point. And I accept that.

well perhaps if you're not willing to defend points, you shouldn't make them. That being said, I admire the fact that you're willing to admit as much and concede.

That was fast. Kinda makes me think the whole controversy wasn't just a happy accident...

potato_hamster said:
Lafiel said:

only an immature brat can't hold back their sexist jokes for the duration of one special day to atleast keep the appearance of an inkling of respect

says alot about the state of the gaming community - now plz don't wonder why there are hardly any females on any of these sites

Ironically it was his girlfriend that encouraged him to post it in the first place. If you think Colin Moriarty is sexist, you have no idea what he stands for.

Here, let me open your eyes a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxAPUCRQtt4

Yes, it is an hour and a half long. Yes I do expect you to watch it. If you're going to assign labels to people, it's important you know who they are as people first, and you do that by actually listening to what they have to say.

Had not seen the part where he was crying before, goddamn that is heartbreaking :'( Hope he gets back on his feet emotionally.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

The wage gap myth again? As for housework, are they forced to do that work?

It's not a myth. It's fact. Also, unless they want to live in a disgusting place, yes, they have to do that work.

potato_hamster said:

No, no. We were talking about the earnings gap, not wage gap. When you're comparing women's studies majors to engineers, wages will always be substantially different.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather you beleieve that since women are in positions that are worse paying, then it means that they're not being discriminated against?

Aura7541 said:

One of your sources conflated pay with earnings when they are different from each other. Did you even proofread or did you just go on Google, pick the articles that looked good to you, and copy/pasted the links without double checking? This is why I'm not interested in continuing the discussion because of your lack of caution.

OK then. Have a nice day!

LurkerJ said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's not a myth. It's fact. Also, unless they want to live in a disgusting place, yes, they have to do that work.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather you beleieve that since women are in positions that are worse paying, then it means that they're not being discriminated against?

OK then. Have a nice day!

Ahh, Professor Hoff-Sommers, the "factual feminist", a classic 2nd wave feminist that has been ostracized by the feminist movement for having the audacity to fact check the claims of the feminist movement, and to try to achieve gender equality by actually fighting to address issues that negatively impact men and boys as well as issues that affect women and girls.

Pay attention folks, everything she says in this video series actually has credible sources to back up her claims.