By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

Metroid33slayer said:
VGPolyglot said:

And what's wrong with women supporting that? Women are still being paid less than men, and they do much more housework than men, so it's fair that they should protest unequal treatment.

That is the biggest feminist lie. Women earn less because they work fewer hours and work in fields that pay less, that statistic does not compare like for like jobs and you know it. Women can't expect equal earnings for working less and working in easier professions that require less skill and qualifications. If women work the same jobs men do and work the same hours they would earn the same, but they choose not too. Its like a street cleaner claiming discrimination because he gets paid less than a surgeon when the reasons for being paid less is not discrimination but job choice.

I'd say that them working in fields that pay less is valid, because that's a sign of unequal opportunity.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
Lawlight said:

I'm glad he refused to apologise and bow down to the regressive left and it seems that he's garnering a lot of support. I recommend that everyone should watch his appearance on the Rubin Report.

I swear I'm going to trademark "regressive left" and then proceed to ban everyone from using it. It's such a nondescriptive term it really gets on my nerves.

Non-descriptive in what sense? It goes part in parcel with horseshoe theory.

It refers to people to attempt to bully, silence and attack anyone they dislike. In doing so, people that observe or are victimized by these again develop, or increase their hatred against the causes they represent. In many ways this ends up creating a further divide between people, and actually puts the causes these groups support further from their goals. For what its worth, there's a "regressive right" as well.

VGPolyglot said:
Metroid33slayer said:

That is the biggest feminist lie. Women earn less because they work fewer hours and work in fields that pay less, that statistic does not compare like for like jobs and you know it. Women can't expect equal earnings for working less and working in easier professions that require less skill and qualifications. If women work the same jobs men do and work the same hours they would earn the same, but they choose not too. Its like a street cleaner claiming discrimination because he gets paid less than a surgeon when the reasons for being paid less is not discrimination but job choice.

I'd say that them working in fields that pay less is valid, because that's a sign of unequal opportunity.

Or, you know, personal choice. Should women's studies professors get paid the same as brain surgeons?

WolfpackN64 said:
Lawlight said:

I'm glad he refused to apologise and bow down to the regressive left and it seems that he's garnering a lot of support. I recommend that everyone should watch his appearance on the Rubin Report.

I swear I'm going to trademark "regressive left" and then proceed to ban everyone from using it. It's such a nondescriptive term it really gets on my nerves.

Fun fact. The person who first coined the term Regressive Left is a Muslim.

VGPolyglot said:
Metroid33slayer said:

That's their choice, they knew the rate of pay before choosing their career path. They could have choosen a field that payed more but didn't, thats personal choice not discrimination.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
WolfpackN64 said:

It refers to people to attempt to bully, silence and attack anyone they dislike. In doing so, people that observe or are victimized by these again develop, or increase their hatred against the causes they represent. In many ways this ends up creating a further divide between people, and actually puts the causes these groups support further from their goals. For what its worth, there's a "regressive right" as well.

The horseshoe theory is bullshit. Also, leftists are determined by their beliefs, not by whether or not they attack those who disagree with them. Otherwise, Donald Trump would be considered regressive left.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Didn´t liked when he told people who disliked the joke humourless saks of shit, but after that some shit sites tried hard to fucking destroy him with lies and other stuff. Calling him racist etc.

Its funny to see now he get so much money, some people is jelly as fuck on twitter xD
He have some serious haters, inclusive people in this industry.

I responded to you in the last thread you were wrong in. He called people that who were offended by it that. No one cares if you thought it was funny or not. The people riled up about it just have axes to grind.

Edit: I see the thread has taken a dramatic turn away into far more political realm. My 2 cents is that if the joke was made during a podcasts where you could the delivery or if it was made by a different person, no one would have cared. A play on the popular hashtag would only have garnered as much hate as it did because of who said it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

The horseshoe theory is bullshit. Also, leftists are determined by their beliefs, not by whether or not they attack those who disagree with them. Otherwise, Donald Trump would be considered regressive left.

Not mutually exclusive. Both sides act on their beliefs and the extremes of both sides attack those who disagree with them.

VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

So it's bullshit just because you say so? Thanks. It's amazing how the far left and far right appear to want the exact same things for dramatically different reasons but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Also, I was referring to what the "regressive" part of "regressive left", not the "left" part. Notice how I mention a "regressive right"?

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

The joke was only aimed at women who supported #ADayWithoutWomen.

And what's wrong with women supporting that? Women are still being paid less than men, and they do much more housework than men, so it's fair that they should protest unequal treatment.

women work less than men so why would the expectation be that women would earn the same amount of money? 

is women's work more valuable than men's work?