By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Developer Hiring for a Console Game ( maybe Pokemon Stars )

Darwinianevolution said:
Pokemon Colosseum/ XD Gale of Darkness remake, please!

This man knows.

Around the Network

make the pokemons look like the pokemon in pokemon go!!!!! or better.... pokemon gen 8 with spriteslooking like pokken!!!!!

Sounds like Pokemon on Switch for sure ... but if this game is supposed to be out by this holiday is it customary to be still hiring staff of a key position like this so late in the dev cycle?

Would maybe sound like 2018 title then perhaps.

Soundwave said:
Sounds like Pokemon on Switch for sure ... but if this game is supposed to be out by this holiday is it customary to be still hiring staff of a key position like this so late in the dev cycle?

Would maybe sound like 2018 title then perhaps.

I think one of the job descriptions mentioned the project potentially finishing around May 2018. Not sure if that's true since I didn't read the full job description as of now.

I still think at E3 we're going to be teased with Pokemon and/or Monster Hunter. Something that will demonstrate significant Switch support for what has been traditionally portable IPs.

Around the Network

According to some leaks, the Sun and Moon datamine already detected there was a version of the game ready for 720p, so, this may well be another project to end development in May 2018, while the "Stars" game is probably already done and ready for next holiday.

Maybe this is some new version of Colosseum?

Edit: "supposedly" an image of Stars

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

To be honest Pokemon for 2018 might make a lot more sense. The second fiscal year for a hardware is really when Nintendo likes to ramp up mass production, if they blow their wad all with Zelda/Mario/Mario Kart/etc. in year 1 there's not going to be a ton left for April 2018-March 2019.

Keep in mind too it's quite likely I think a deluxe port of Smash Brothers could be possible for the Switch this year too.

Tryklon said:

According to some leaks, the Sun and Moon datamine already detected there was a version of the game ready for 720p, so, this may well be another project to end development in May 2018, while the "Stars" game is probably already done and ready for next holiday.

-snip-

I think that's just Sun & Moon running on an emulator. 3DS games actually have pretty decent visuals, but the low resolution the 3DS plays them at tends to fuzz a lot of the detail out.

Tryklon said:

Thats what I think too. 

Pocky Lover Boy!