By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I truly hope Nintendo stops disappointing gamers now that the Switch is a success

I think we have a ways to go before we can determine whether Switch is a success or not. It would be great to see it continue to sell, and see Nintendo bring on app support, and eventually release a Phone version of the Switch, but it will take longer than a few weeks, or even a few months to see where things can go with Switch, and the future of Nintendo.

At this point, I think E3 and TGS will be the first real proving times for the device. How well is it selling by June? What does Nintendo show at E3? How well do sales hold up over the summer? Will Switch replace the 3DS line?

Many questions left to answer. Hopefully, we will get many pleasing answers to each of the questions above.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Nintendo will decide what to make based on estimated success. As much as it pains it is the right move. Some games are too expensive to get right and then people don't even pick it up. Metroid

Switch is a success? What it's been 2 weeks? Lots of franchises lay dormant look at Jak n Daxter, Crash, Ratchet n Clank etc. It's called new IP's bud. Stop living in the past and you will be fine or just realize Nintendo is a international Business and isn't there to please YOU.

Offcourse that we will still have dealays of games, espacily of Zelda games because every 3D Zelda game was delayed.

What we will get with Switch compared to Wii U, is less droughts and we will get some games that totally skipped Wii U, for instance Metroid Prime.

Ka-pi96 said:

Not really possible. No matter what they do it will disappoint some people, because everybody expects different things from them and they can't meet all of those expectations at once.

Yeah differnt people want differnt things.

Id personally love if they went with a normal Paper Mario RPG next (TTYD), and a 3D collectathon style mario.

I didnt enjoy mario 3D world as much as most, and felt it was a let down from older mario games.

I got lucky with Mario for the switch, Oddesey looks fantastic.

paid for online means I wont be buying Splatoon 2, or Mario kart 8 delux though.

Around the Network

The original post reeks of someone with over-the-top unrealistic millennial entitlement issues and a complete lack of understanding in the video game industry.

"Good old GameCube days."

You mean when Nintendo was trying to be Sony Junior and failing at it?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Launch Success yes, lifetime success is yet to be determined though .

Gamers are fully in charge of disappointing themselves these days, by expecting and even craving things they were never promised.

Nintendo's got very little to do with people being disappointed. Aside from the handful of genuine dud games they've released over the past decade.

Even Sega Dreamcast was looking like a success the 1st year and half; better to wait and see, like any new console.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Its too soon to say the Switch is a success, but it has had a successful launch. It is the largest opening for Nintendo. Lets hope they dont disappoint.