By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How to get along with those clingy joy-con straps

At first, I found them to be very "clingy" as others have described them but as it turns out, it's very simple.

Slide the slide lock in to lock and slide it out to unlock. This may seem very simple and obvious but it fooled me initially and I was having a tough time getting the straps on and off at first. Turns out just slide the lock OUTWARD and sliding the strap on and off should be much easier. Hopefully I can help prevent people damaging their joycons.

Around the Network

This should go in Nintendo Discussion. Mods, if you could be so kind.

Dude, we're not idiots. Of course we unlocked the slide lock.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The way I got along with them is to just stop using them. lol

Is this a response to my thread or a PSA?
You know you could have posted in it? I don't bite xD

AlfredoTurkey said:
The way I got along with them is to just stop using them. lol

What a coincidence, me too

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
vivster said:
Dude, we're not idiots. Of course we unlocked the slide lock.

I felt quite stupid myself for initially ignoring the lock.

TomaTito said:

Is this a response to my thread or a PSA?
You know you could have posted in it? I don't bite xD

Just wanting to get the word out.

Yea, wrist straps suck. I used to use them and make others use them in the early Wii days because I was afraid of it flying into the TV which the videos were over the net at the time. I then just used the Wii condoms for extra grip. I eventually just went raw with no strap and never felt better.

sethnintendo said:
Yea, wrist straps suck. I used to use them and make others use them in the early Wii days because I was afraid of it flying into the TV which the videos were over the net at the time. I then just used the Wii condoms for extra grip. I eventually just went raw with no strap and never felt better.

I don't think they suck at all. Just gotta know how to read the damn text printed on them as opposed to ignoring them like I did.

KLAMarine said:

I don't think they suck at all. Just gotta know how to read the damn text printed on them as opposed to ignoring them like I did.

I just don't like anything around my wrist.  They might serve a purpose in heavily motion game like Wii Sports but most Wii games they weren't needed. 

sethnintendo said:
KLAMarine said:

I just don't like anything around my wrist.  They might serve a purpose in heavily motion game like Wii Sports but most Wii games they weren't needed. 

Just leave them hanging then or if possible, remove them. Just a thought.