By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - QLED vs OLED vs LED TV: Which one is the best?

great info in the article

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-type/qled-vs-oled-vs-led

Around the Network

I've went with LED recently ( Samsung KS8090 55"), because I also want to play games on it and attach my PC to it for 4K gaming. An OLED TV has still the issues of burn in and loosing brightness over time.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

QLED if OLED never takes off, but the OLED vs LED is a lot like plasma vs LCD. I prefer plasma because picture quality so I hope OLED does take off.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

QLED is basically an evolutionary update of LCD with LED backlights anyway. Might as well lump them into the same group.

OLED however has multiple technical advantages over LCD and it's derivatives.

QLED will likely become a "thing" before OLED ever will as it can continue to use the current production lines that LCD panels currently use, which does help to keep costs down.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Samsung LED delivers the best bright colours, LG OLED deliver the best Blacks. I went Samsung KS8000.
This year i heard rumours of Samsung releasing a OLED TV.

Around the Network

I like OLED on my smartphone a lot. So I decided to get an OLED TV this year. I heard Sony is making OLED TVs now. I'll have a look at those.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OLED all the way. They are beautiful displays.

All I know is that my next tv is definitely gonna be OLED. I've had edgelit LED and it was horrible. Then I bought the best LED TV that was available at the time with 4k, quantum dot, a lot of LED backlight areas and it was still shit. Not falling for backlight ever again unless they manage to give every pixel their own white pixel.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I agree with you guys and prefer oled myself. I will replace my Panasonic plasma with a lg oled pretty soon

The two best TV's I have seen are the Sony A1E OLED and the Sony Z9D Full Array LED. I personally prefer the Z9D over the A1E due to the much higher brightness levels, which make white look white compaired to the A1E still looking yellow when sitting side by side. The black levels of the A1E are extreamly impressive though, especially in a dark room, which is to be expected from a OLED.

I would still choose the Z9D if I was buying a TV this year, with unlimited resources. I think that this Full Array LED set up will stand the test of time, and as tech gets better, and we reach a 1:1 pixel to LED ratio, it will match OLED in black levels while greatly exceeding it in brightness. I want greater brightness and a greater range of colors, and I don't think OLED will ever be able to reach the levels LED is capable of.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL