By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn worldwide sales top 2.6 million (sell-through)

But did it meet Sony's expectations?

Around the Network

Congratsss

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:

Lifetime prediction for Horizon? Hmmm... 6-7 million.

No, 3m MAX.

Yeah, CGI must be dreaming if he thinks it'll sell that much.

mountaindewslave said:

nice job. Whether you love it or not, there's no denying that Horizon Zero Dawn is obviously the result of a ton of hard work. Looks fantastic and plays well, quality at release.
Games like this should inspire other companies and studios to INDIVIDUALLY put more focus and effort on unique game experiences.

Horizon Zero Dawn has its OWN identity. And it excels at what it does. The likes of Ubisoft studios and others could learn from Guerrilla Games and other Sony devs who are putting their blood, sweat, and tears into developing individual unique games rather than just shoving out the same slop on rinse and repeat.

I think I speak for the majority of gamers when I say that most people would prefer FEWER games out that are all awesome (like a Horizon type game every 3 years) rather than an Assassin's Creed type game annually.

This is the sort of stuff that the industry needs. Games like this to do well and wake up the lazy third party companies that half ass it

True. Sony could be a publisher/develope even if they stopped producing consoles. Sony santamonica and naughty dog are some of the most influential developers. Without god of war or uncharted we might not have had a lot of games using their style.

poklane said:

Nice! Also looks like DLC is confirmed.

They said expansion, and considering the amount of inspiration they took from the Witcher on this game Im expecting a Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine kind of deal where we will get a whole new area and 10+ hours of content.

Around the Network

So in only 2 weeks Horizon almost surpassed Killzone 2's lifetime sales. hot damn.

Those are some impressive numbers for a new exclusive IP, and it makes me really happy since this is for me the most interesting looking exclusive Sony has ever put out, good job Guerrilla Games!.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Great sales! I haven't even opened my copy yet lol! I have so many games to play on my PS4 and so little time to play them all! It is crazy! But from what I have seen in the official HZD thread with pics and what I have read this is an amazing game and the sales are well deserved!

This blew past MOST sales predictions made here in 2 freaking weeks! Heck most people predicted LT 3-4 million and said that was stretching it from what I remember. And they are almost at 3 million after only 2 weeks! Crazy!

Yeah same here, i hope i can eventually start Horizon before i get spoiled or something.

SWORDF1SH said:
But did it meet Sony's expectations?

I hope they used the expansion/dlc as trial to expand upon ideas like "dungeons" having puzzles or just have more of an importance to game play. Huge potential to make them the best part of the game.

Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:

Lifetime prediction for Horizon? Hmmm... 6-7 million.

No, 3m MAX.

Hey that's nothing....one person in that thread said 1-3 million max and another said 2.5 million max!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23