By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would make you pay for Nintendo's online?

Tagged games:

I'll pony up the dough if...

They offer huge discounts on digital games 13 15.12%

For Achievements/Trophy support 6 6.98%

It means Cloud Storage 12 13.95%

I can share digital purchases 5 5.81%

They offer "Game DVR" 1 1.16%

It's a cold day in hell. 36 41.86%

Other (please elaborate) 13 15.12%

Total:86

games

Around the Network

I barely play online so that would have to change for me to consider a subscription.

I hardly play online at all, so I don't think I'll need it. If it's like €29 a year and we get a free VC game per month and some discounts I might buy into it. Only game I can think of I want to play online is Splatoon 2 but that's because the first one didn't have good local multiplayer. Other than that I prefer to play games locally with friends.

Local multiplay >>> online for me.

No internet at our location...but if and when there is, ill buy in.  Why not?  its only money.

My kids been able to play Mario Kart or Splatoon online I guess

Around the Network

I know the price is supposedly going to be quite cheap (it was mentioned to be 25-30 dollars a year I think?).
If that's the case we're probably not going to get a huge amount with it, just a better service overall compared to Wii U but no extra perks.

Splatoon 2.

Playing games online isn't an option in the poll? Seems like the most obvious answer. Smash Brothers online is what will make me pay for it.

Used to be a PS+ subscriber during PS3 era for the games. Had it until Christmas this past year and let it expire. The games are not worth it for me anymore, and I rarely play online.

So my answer would be free games that I like.

Nothing. I don't pay for PS+ or XBL Gold, so I'm not paying for this either.