By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI: PS4/Switch Japan, Which Will Sell More Lifetime? (Read OP)

PS4 first
Switch second.

People are underestimating the attraction of great graphics. Also the PS4 is cheap now, and there is still a lot of love for the DQ/Playstation duo, and a lot of love for the series to return to a home console. Also I think the Switch version will run poorly.

I don't know where the 3DS sales will end up though. Because I think DQ is one of those games that will make a lot of people get a new console, and the 3DS version is just ugly AF and outdated. But at the same time the huge installbase of the 3DS and the cheaper price of the game itself will really help this version.

Around the Network

Switch version by a good amount, dragon Quest games are associated now with Nintendo systems. So I think switch version will beat ps4 and 3ds version will beat it as well. So ps4 version will be in 3rd place when it's all said and done.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

PS4 will sell most, the 3DS version is just too much cripled to be taken seriously. The Switch version will be based on PS4 for sure and get the DQH2 treatment with lower quality graphics and bad frame rates.

I wonder if Nintendo announces the Switch mini at E3, because it could boost DQXI Switch sales if there is a 3DS successor coming.

outlawauron said:
RenCutypoison said:

People who want to play both handeld and on TV have the switch version, and the 3DS version will be the most successful by far. Considering FFXV did this well on PS4 because it was exclusive, and that 4.25m is pretty optimistic, I still consider it to be a realistic prediction.

Especially when you consider 20% attach rate is a whole lot, even for DQ in japan. FFXV probably managed it because of the lack of huge japanese titles on PS4.

We still don't even know the Switch version will be the same version as PS4 and if it'll even launch day 1 with the other versions. I don't know if your total will be that high, but I think PS4 will have a larger percentage than that.

I forgot the Switch version might come later. The switch version will still be popular due to the novelty factor though.

Well what if switch can have a decent install base?, I believe either way square enix will be satisfied with end result

Around the Network

I think PS4 will sell more than even 3DS because I think it will the better ver (more content, better graphic). Sure graphic is not the most important thing but difference between PS4 and 3DS is huge. Switch wont have enough install base to outsell PS4.