By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is performance wise between Wii U and Xbox One

"Switch is performance wise between Wii U and Xbox One"

I mean I guess thats true... even if its much closer to Wii U, than Xbox One.

Wii U - 176 Gflops.
Switch - 393 Gflops (docked)
Xbox One - 1300 Gflops.
Xbox One Slim - 1400 Gflops
Playstation 4 (&slim) - 1840 Gflops

We "know" how many Gflops the Switch is now btw.
Its confirmed to have a normal Tegra X1 chip in it, and its gpu is running 768mhz.
This isnt a guess, its a fact.
Switch is 393 Gflops.

Here is a gif of a  Switch chip cut open (die shot) vs a Tegra X1:  http://i.imgur.com/ogCFzAz.gif

Its a Tegra X1. Theres no debateing that.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

"Switch is performance wise between Wii U and Xbox One"

I mean I guess thats true... even if its much closer to Wii U, than Xbox One.

Wii U - 176 Gflops.
Switch - 393 Gflops (docked)
Xbox One - 1300 Gflops.
Xbox One Slim - 1400 Gflops
Playstation 4 (&slim) - 1840 Gflops

We "know" how many Gflops the Switch is now btw.
Its confirmed to have a normal Tegra X1 chip in it, and its gpu is running 768mhz.
This isnt a guess, its a fact.
Switch is 393 Gflops.

Here is a gif of a  Switch chip cut open (die shot) vs a Tegra X1:  http://i.imgur.com/ogCFzAz.gif

Its a Tegra X1. Theres no debateing that.

So Switch is between Wii U and PS4 is also correct? Or the PS3 between the Atari 2600 and PS4?

lolz

I've been playing Zelda--an open world WiiU port and fast RMX--an indie dev WiiU enhanced port. Both look great! Especially in portable mode. I think a linear title done by the right dev could be graphically something special.

Looking forward to E3.

Is he a PS4 developer? How would he know?

À Portable WiiU with à Tegra x1 not customized, WE already knew that

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Miyamotoo said:

You do realise that few other Indie studio also stated that is Switch is very easy do develope for.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226502&page=1

Easy development is not only point if we talk if some big 3rd party game will come to Switch.

So the Switch is going to get all of the lovely little indies that the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS and PS Vita get already. That's splendid news from months ago.

I didn't know the Vita was getting Yooka-Laylee and Rime. 

Stop trying to downplay so much, it's pretty obvious what he was talking about. You're basically saying the PS3 is easier to develop for than the SNES because "it's more powerful". That's not what he's talking about and it's so obvious it shouldn't even need to be told. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Aerys said:

People "thought" that was the case, upto 1year ago (semi-accurate . com said so 1year or more ago).

"WE" didnt know (for sure) until someone cut open the chip inside the Switch, and compaired it to a die shot of a Tegra X1.

:o I'm so shocked by this news we totally didn't know months ago

Also saying it's in between is a big margin. Hey I've made a new gpu, it's between a hd 6450 and a Titan X(P)

It's 3/4 times less powerful than the XB1 and about twice the power of Wii U. It's power isn't important it can do what it needs to do. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I thought this was already known but I guess for some it wasn't.

JRPGfan said:
Aerys said:

People "thought" that was the case, upto 1year ago (semi-accurate . com said so 1year or more ago).

"WE" didnt know (for sure) until someone cut open the chip inside the Switch, and compaired it to a die shot of a Tegra X1.

No before mid january with all rumors of super power ans easy ps4  ports , people thought first it was close to à ps4, then close to à X1, at first very few were imagining it wast just close to WiiU.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m