By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Weapon Durability, Fanbase Fragility (The Jimquisition)

Here it is. The Jimquisition we've all been waiting for! For everyone too lazy to read the review.

Agree or disagree?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

It's a shame his attempt to be the lone dissenter was actually outshone by a lower score from Slant lol

By the way, I haven't watched the video but I read his review and it really strikes me as that of a person who did not play nearly as long as he claims he did. "Weapon fragility" is really only an issue early on... at this point I always have about 6 Royal Bows or better and ten top tier melee weapons on me at any given time, the game practically throws them at you.

He's right tho.

The video already has 35k views, all the assholes have sprung up to claim that anyone who likes nintendo is a nazi, and we gave birth to a problem which shouldn't exist.

It's not his reviews that bother me- it's the presentation. Projared is notoriously known for giving harsh reviews, and yet you rarely see him in these types of issues. Why? It's because of the way he PRESENTS his opinions.

Then again, I don't disagree with his point about fanboys. All fanboys are toxic. He could give zelda 0/10 and I'd forget about it in a matter of a few minutes. Not like my 70 hours of fun will suddenly be deleted

monocle_layton said:
The video already has 35k views, all the assholes have sprung up to claim that anyone who likes nintendo is a nazi, and we gave birth to a problem which shouldn't exist.

It's not his reviews that bother me- it's the presentation. Projared is notoriously known for giving harsh reviews, and yet you rarely see him in these types of issues. Why? It's because of the way he PRESENTS his opinions.

Then again, I don't disagree with his point about fanboys. All fanboys are toxic. He could give zelda 0/10 and I'd forget about it in a matter of a few minutes. Not like my 70 hours of fun will suddenly be deleted

Sterling intentionally adopted a villanous looking persona with nazi coloring for a reason lol, this sort of clickbaiting is how he gained a following.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:

It's a shame his attempt to be the lone dissenter was actually outshone by a lower score from Slate lol

By the way, I haven't watched the video but I read his review and it really strikes me as that of a person who did not play nearly as long as he claims he did. "Weapon fragility" is really only an issue early on... at this point I always have about 6 Royal Bows or better and ten top tier melee weapons on me at any given time, the game practically throws them at you.

Kinda doesn't matter because before yesterday nobody even knew what Slant is.

I mean Slant's 6/10 review is barely a 12/23 while Jim's 7/10 review is easily a 69/71.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hiku said:

"Finding things that are too cool/valuable to waste on unworthy opponents" is an issue I can relate to. If that is the case in Zelda then perhaps I'd be annoyed with it as well.

Thats exactly the case in Zelda. 

I agree with him. I don't mind weapons breaking as much in Dark Souls because they are actually quite durable and even if you do break it, it doesn't shatter. You just have to bring it to someone who can repair it. It really takes away the excitement of getting new weapons in BOTW. Like Ive found a really cool fire blade, but I don't want it to break because its the only one like it Ive seen in my many hours of playing the game. So now it just takes up space in my inventory. Its not game breaking, but people shouldn't defend it. If they do then the next Zelda will have swords made of glass as well.

RolStoppable said:
The conclusion I draw from this video is that Jim simply doesn't know any better.

As in, he seems to be honestly surprised that he got backlash for a 7/10 score. And he gave a 7/10 because weapons are too good to use. And weapon durability (or fragility as he calls it) breaks immersion, but the health of your character depleting apparently does not.

I still haven't read his review, but it doesn't sound like he had something of value to say.

His review is like wasting your better arsenal on a bokoblin camp: not worth it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Rol apparently he did have something of value to say or else he wouldn't be getting this kind of attention from it. That or cry babies really have nothing better to do...