By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Weapon Durability, Fanbase Fragility (The Jimquisition)

KLXVER said:
irstupid said:

Name a rare weapon in the game.

The fire sword.

I had 2 of those at the same time. I was on a point where those where the "dull" ones in my inventory ready to be used and broken to get space to better weapons.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
KLXVER said:
I agree with him. I don't mind weapons breaking as much in Dark Souls because they are actually quite durable and even if you do break it, it doesn't shatter. You just have to bring it to someone who can repair it. It really takes away the excitement of getting new weapons in BOTW. Like Ive found a really cool fire blade, but I don't want it to break because its the only one like it Ive seen in my many hours of playing the game. So now it just takes up space in my inventory. Its not game breaking, but people shouldn't defend it. If they do then the next Zelda will have swords made of glass as well.

After finishing every divine beast you get a weapon that you can get back for free if it breaks, which is basically the same as repairing. Have you actually played the game? 

Not or free, usually requires a diamond at minimum.

Some another item. though in the case of the one, the item you need is sitting outside the shop in town for you to just grab.

Pavolink said:
KLXVER said:

The fire sword.

I had 2 of those at the same time. I was on a point where those where the "dull" ones in my inventory ready to be used and broken to get space to better weapons.

Well to me a stronger weapon isnt always the better weapon. I like using one handed swords and spears, so I wont throw away a sword if I find a slightly stronger club.

Agree with him, also see the AI is shit as always imo.

Pavolink said:
KLXVER said:

The fire sword.

Ha yea, I find myself ignoring so many cool weapons cause they not as good or I just don't want right now. Especially if its one sitting in a pedistool or something. It's like "that looks cool there, I'm gonna leave it"

The game like hints to you in like the opening 5 minutes of the game that not every sword is a sword in teh stone. But don't the weapons all come back after every blood moon?

BTW, why is there all this talk about blood moons being so repetitive. I swear in my like 50 hours I've only seen like 5-10 blood moons. It happens like once in any long play seesion I have.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:

Agree with him, also see the AI is shit as always imo.

The AI is pretty great actually.

KLXVER said:
Pavolink said:

Well to me a stronger weapon isnt always the better weapon. I like using one handed swords and spears, so I wont throw away a sword if I find a slightly stronger club.

Yea, I don't like clubs or great swords. I like sword and spears.

I do have a club and greatsword in inventory for the ocasion, cause they just work better for some things. Such as breaking boxes, or beating on an enemy with a shield. Or many other cases where my spear/sword woudl take a huge durability hit. There are some fights where I woudl go through 2-3 swords easy, yet hardly damage my club at all.

KLXVER said:
Pavolink said:

Neither to me. I have better and more cool weapons like guardian sword/axe/spear, an electric and fire spears, a lighting sword, etc.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
KLXVER said:

Neither to me. I have better and more cool weapons like guardian sword/axe/spear, an electric and fire spears, a lighting sword, etc.

So do you do stealth for most of the game or? I end up with weapons I like less most of the time.

2 minutes into the video, and he is clearly treating the matter as a joke and as fodder for entertainment. Maybe there's some serious analysis in there, but that is not the focus. Nothing wrong with that, but also no need to go on or get upset about what looks to me like a 'reviewer' in the sense that the Angry Video Game Nerd is a reviewer. Why anyone takes this seriously or why he is even on metacritic is beyond me. It's like putting the Nostalgia Critic on Rotten tomatoes or IMDB.