By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Now To Support PS4 (Called It)

Now = 5, bruhs.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Interesting... I wonder if this means I can play dem ps4 exclusives on my PC now...

Yes if you are satisfied with the Streaming and imput quality, it certaintly offers now a way for PC only gamers to play these games, Sony is locking no one out from their exclusives now 

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Interesting... I wonder if this means I can play dem ps4 exclusives on my PC now...

Yes if you are satisfied with the Streaming and imput quality, it certaintly offers now a way for PC only gamers to play these games, Sony is locking no one out from their exclusives now 

Mhmm. Well I am currently subscribed to PSNow since last holidays and I was thinking to cancel it after my year was over but... Maybe I won't now

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

twintail said:
KBG29 said:
Well, I decided to cancel today after this news. I think it is a terrible decision by Sony to let PS4 exclusive titles leak out to non Sony platforms. Unfortunately Bravia and Xperia are not part of the Sony ecosystem, so even making it exclusive to those devices is still a blow to their brand.

PS Now could have been great if they would have brought all of their devices over to the PlayStation OS, but now it is going to devalue their hardware. Sony just always makes terrible decisions when they are in striking distance of going from market leader to total domination.

I can't support PS Now as it stands anymore, so my $240 a year will be going to Vita and PS4 games going forward.

overreaction of the day surely?

This wont devalue their own hardware one bit.

It is and more. 

PC is overstuffed as it is. Over the years this once unique platform to game on has become a console derivative. I guess its time to bury pc gaming once and for all. Long overdue. A shame really.

Hunting Season is done...

Sony and Microsoft realize exclusives don't hold too much weight outside forums. Now for the love of god... NINTENDO RELEASE YOUR STREAMING SERVICE PLEASE!!!!

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Sony and Microsoft realize exclusives don't hold too much weight outside forums. Now for the love of god... NINTENDO RELEASE YOUR STREAMING SERVICE PLEASE!!!!

Lol I think Nintendo will always be the last with something like this.

Sony made their intentions very clear when they set up PSNow and invested in it heavely, Microsoft has always been a service-based company and made their intentions clear when they announce play anywhere.

The Nintendo Switch is as traditional as it gets, its clearly ment to favour traditional physical media over anything else. It doesn't even offer streaming video as an app on launch lol, I think Nintendo will follow way way way last :P

Twitter @CyberMalistix

KingofTrolls said:
Service Wars are coming

This comment crippled me I laughed so hard!

One small step at a time, is how you get to the moon. In this case the moon isn't physical though.

twintail said:
KBG29 said:
Well, I decided to cancel today after this news. I think it is a terrible decision by Sony to let PS4 exclusive titles leak out to non Sony platforms. Unfortunately Bravia and Xperia are not part of the Sony ecosystem, so even making it exclusive to those devices is still a blow to their brand.

PS Now could have been great if they would have brought all of their devices over to the PlayStation OS, but now it is going to devalue their hardware. Sony just always makes terrible decisions when they are in striking distance of going from market leader to total domination.

I can't support PS Now as it stands anymore, so my $240 a year will be going to Vita and PS4 games going forward.

overreaction of the day surely?

This wont devalue their own hardware one bit.

This completely reeks of the crap they pulled when they started to kill of Vita in favor of Xperia. Where did killing Vita get them? 5 billion in the red, and Xperia has dropped 80% in the last 5 years.

Sony has been making extreamly stupid decision for 20 years, and it has killed the TV division, their mobile audio division, their music division, and their phone division. All they have left is PlayStation, they can not keep making stupid decisions.

Right now they have Bravia and Xperia brands fighting against their own ecosystem, they have Ultra battling PS Video in the digital 4K video space, and now they have PS Now battling PS4 in the PC space which they have absolutely no connections to. They did an awesome job cleaning the company up 5 years ago, and were looking great at the PS4  launch, but over the last 2 years they have started to go back to their old ways, which nearly sank the entire company less than 10 years ago.

As a share holder and a Sony consumer, these bad decisions, and continually falling sales and revenue are really starting to piss me off. They have everything they need to be making Apple and Microsoft level profits and revenue in the next 5 years, but it seems like they are doing all they can to mess it up again.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

Have you used Now? 

It is in no way a reliable gaming service. 

I think that depends mostly on your internet. Plus i've talked to lots of people who said it works pretty great and will only get better in the future.

Anyway this is great news for PC users who will now have MS exclusives and Sony exclusives .

So does this mean PS4 has no exclusives left?.

Are you really going to turn this into an excuse for "console war" nonesense?

Anyway, that depends on, 1: If all ps4 games are released on PSNOW, 2: When games come to PSNOW in relation to PS4. Also it's worth noting that you can only rent on Now and the games are essentially running on PS3/PS4 hardware, so the same games will of course be superior on an actual PS4 console. It's a bit of stretch trying to equate this to the XB1 situation that runs games natively and better on PC than XBO... and you can actually OWN them on PC.

But yes as you say Now is a great service if you've got a fast and stable connection.

zero129 said:
Barkley said:

Are you really going to turn this into an excuse for "console war" nonesense?

Anyway, that depends on, 1: If all ps4 games are released on PSNOW, 2: When games come to PSNOW in relation to PS4. Also it's worth noting that you can only rent on Now and the games are essentially running on PS3/PS4 hardware, so the same games will of course be superior on an actual PS4 console. It's a bit of stretch trying to equate this to the XB1 situation that runs games natively and better on PC than XBO... and you can actually OWN them on PC.

But yes as you say Now is a great service if you've got a fast and stable connection.

People who want to play XB1 games on a PC also need a pretty beefy PC to make them look better. You can use this on a crappy PC as long as you have a decent internet connection. Plus the service will only get better with time . Anyway i still wouldnt sell my PS4 for this as clearly exclusives wont come to it until awhile after they are on sale on PS4 first. But its still a nice feature to have .

Yeah it's a nice feature, I'm just confused as to why they decided to remove PSNOW from TV's and Bluray players... then a month later announce this... Now that half the usable devices are the PS4 anyway. 

Hopefully PSNOW will come to Android and IOS in due time.