By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Now To Support PS4 (Called It)

The PS Now game streaming library is set to expand this year with PS4 games, playable on PS4 and Windows PC with a single subscription.

As many of you know, PlayStation Now lets you stream hundreds of PS3 games — currently 483 to be exact — to your PS4 and Windows PC.

We’re excited to announce that PS Now’s catalog is set to grow even further, as we’ll be expanding to include a new platform: PlayStation 4 games. All of the games in the service, including PS4 games, will be included with a single PS Now subscription. We’ll share more information as we get closer to launch, so stay tuned.

In the next few weeks we’ll kick off a private test with PS4 games on PS Now. If you’re an active PS Now subscriber, keep an eye on your email in case you get an invitation.

If you’re new to PS Now, the subscription service offers access to a large and ever-expanding library of games. Since PS Now utilizes our cloud streaming technology, you can access the entire catalog of games, select one, and start playing quickly without needing to wait for downloads.

Also, PS Now uses cloud saves, letting you start a game on PS4 and continue playing on another PS4 or even a Windows PC (or vice versa).

If you haven’t given the service a try yet, now’s the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial.

Here’s a list of some of the most popular games on PlayStation Now during February:

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Mortal Kombat
  • WWE 2K15
  • The Last of Us
  • Mafia II
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • NBA 2K14
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
  • Batman Arkham Origins

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/13/playstation-now-stream-ps4-games-in-2017/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Good stuff, all we need now is the price to go down to the Gamepass level. Streaming still has some disadvantages, but also advantages, like being able to play on pc and on weaker hardware.

It would be nice to get the option to download ps4 games and play them if you own a ps4 consoles, but that is wishful thinking.

After the gamepass anouncement this was pretty much a given ans it was nessesary to stay relevant, its not a service for me personally but its really nice for many people who just want to pay a smaller amount a month and always have something to play, anywhere.

Good stuff !

Twitter @CyberMalistix

BraLoD said:
Eh... I still preffer to own my own games, instead of renting.
Well, good news, tho, more gaemz for PS Now subscribers.

I originally said they would add PS4 games after about 2 - 3 years and that they would be older games in order to still give people a reason to own a PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

I don't think Sony's going to sit back and not react even further to Microsoft's moves - I'm expecting them to drop the PS Now subscription cost at E3 even further to $60/year - same as PS Plus. Maybe they even bundle it together with Plus - both for $99/year. That and add PS1 / PS2 classics to the catalog. That would be awesome.

Interesting... I wonder if this means I can play dem ps4 exclusives on my PC now...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Eventually, if (when) they start offering new games as part of a higher priced package, and with all Xbox exclusives also being on PC, it will be so nice to just own a PC and the latest Nintendo hardware.

That's pretty nice. I personally won't use it, but this move does improve the value of the service.

Hopefully they run them at Pro level. People with Slims would benefit.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Games as a service ewwwww!!!

Internet in the brazilian mountains where I live say: "Not gonna happen".
My internet can not run PSNOW. =(

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.