By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jim Sterling’s site under attack after Zelda: BotW review

Jim pretty much tackled all of the issues I have with the game. I would score it a bit higher though. Then again I approach open world games differently than him.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Thats à bit stupid to go After him, Slant Magazine is thé one who gave 6, and still not as Bad as thé 4 for Uncharted

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I wonder if he is running the site on a raspberry. I mean, the ddos outage is part of the attention and probably intended and only adds to spectacle.

Someone in the other thread suggested that Sterling was wrong to assume the attack had something to do with his Zelda score. I giggled like a school-girl.

Fanboys who do things like this or leave nasty personal insults over scores should have all their consoles and games taken away. They are a blight on gaming.

Incredibly petty. Jim is well respected in gaming circles too so if they'll do this to him they'll do it to anyone.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Someone in the other thread suggested that Sterling was wrong to assume the attack had something to do with his Zelda score. I giggled like a school-girl.

Fanboys who do things like this or leave nasty personal insults over scores should have all their consoles and games taken away. They are a blight on gaming.

Bad idea. Then the only thing left for them is bludgeoning everyone to death with their amiibo collection.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Lol, that's ridiculous. One of Norway's biggest gaming sites gave it a 6/10, some of the criticism in it seems justified but the score doesn't match what I've personally seen and tried in the game myself.
As for Jim's score; he's kind of an oddball, and I don't understand why people get so angry at reviews, it's not like a dropped point on metacritic is ruining your experience of a game.
Overly kind reviews of games with massive flaws annoy me more, all in all.

Silly-ness.... Even though the game is not a 7. I have open world fatigue as well, and was even having it a bit with BOTW until I took a break form simply exploring the world and did a few of the main quest missions. (2 guardians down). The game is a marvel, but let the man have his opinion.

They are just giving him something to talk about. :P

Hmm, pie.

Just when you think final fantasy fans are the most catty (or is it cattiest?) fanbase