By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros 4 Switch will have a story mode ?

Tagged games:

I need Subspace or Adventure Mode. SmashU was boring as fuck without them. Part of why I think its the worst Smash

Around the Network

Hopefully they have at least something like even. Even a Melee-styled adventure mode would be fine by me!

StarOcean said:
I need Subspace or Adventure Mode. SmashU was boring as fuck without them. Part of why I think its the worst Smash

One of my main problems was that classic mode was not really a classic mode at all. They should have a true classic mode with the Break the Targets minigame.

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

One of my main problems was that classic mode was not really a classic mode at all. They should have a true classic mode with the Break the Targets minigame.

I miss Break the Targets ;-;

StarOcean said:
VGPolyglot said:

I miss Break the Targets ;-;

Me too. I also liked Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish.

Around the Network

I really hope so.

Man they could do just like in MK8 deluxe: Just the same game with a new mode(story mode), and a few more characters, add all DLC and keep the gameplay as it is. Add a small new feature(double items in MK8, in smash, maybe a tag mode, in which you choose 2 character, and can switch between them, also justify the switch in name. also, story mode could benefit from it also but with more characters).

Id be pretty happy with that, and it would be the best smash ever, and kinda easy to make because almost everything is already done.

Smash definitely is much better with and Adventure or Story mode IMO. was disheartened by the 3DS Smash release (and possibly the Wii U one if its the same) in that it seemed so bare bones, with no real single player mode.

When you have an array of characters it opens up so many 'level' ideas or even potentially crafting a Nintendo World journey with a mysterious nemesis that the icons have to team up together to fight (or whom may have teamed up with the nemesis that you have to defeat!)

No, as a competitive player I would like them to focus on the gameplay

I really loved the subspace emissary

That being said, I doubt there will ever be such a mode again in Smash. Sakurai said he absolutely hated the fact that the whole story mode got posted on YouTube and said he would never do something like that again. He felt that as thanks for his efforts for this mode everyone just watched the movie clips online instead of actually playing them (which was true at first btw, the subspace emissary wasn't well received when it was first announced and took some time to become liked), making it feel to him like a wasted effort.

It doesn't even one especially with how lackluster Sub Space really was and I rather take things like 8 man Smash and the CGI character reveal trailers over another Sub Space.