By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Breath of the Wild Isn't GOTY, I Don't Know What Is /s

KLAMarine said:
deskpro2k3 said:

4 and 5 is not the same number. I do hope you know that. Anyways I rated that since 2008, this is 2017.

Yes, I meant four and I'm sure a steady frame rate was just as important then as it is now.

AlfredoTurkey said:
deskpro2k3 said:
It has some technical issues, so all those 10/10s is suspicious.

There will never be a game released that doesn't have techincal issues. OOT had technical issues. GTA4 had technical issues. MGS4 had techincal issues. 

Both of you listen very carefully, my perspective, and standard has changed since then, so what was acceptable then is not acceptable now. And FYI, I don't keep track of games I've rated almost nearly a decade ago.

@Bold That is a bold statement.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
KLAMarine said:

Yes, I meant four and I'm sure a steady frame rate was just as important then as it is now.

Both of you listen very carefully, my perspective, and standard has changed since then, so what was acceptable then is not acceptable now. And FYI, I don't keep track of games I've rated almost nearly a decade ago.

You refer to the 10/10s as suspicious. Perhaps it is also a matter of standard and perspective then for reviewers who granted Breath of the Wild a 10/10?

KLAMarine said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You refer to the 10/10s as suspicious. Perhaps it is also a matter of standard and perspective then for reviewers who granted Breath of the Wild a 10/10?

Equally suspicious for critics giving 5/10s for clicks.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I don't foresee another game take a spot in the top ten best games of all time, so I agree.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

deskpro2k3 said:
KLAMarine said:

AlfredoTurkey said:

There will never be a game released that doesn't have techincal issues. OOT had technical issues. GTA4 had technical issues. MGS4 had techincal issues. 

@Bold That is a bold statement.

How very politician-like of you, to flip on core beliefs when it suits your needs. 

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
KLAMarine said:

Equally suspicious for critics giving 5/10s for clicks.

I just take scores at face value.

Azuren said:
I don't foresee another game take a spot in the top ten best games of all time, so I agree.

Maybe RDR2?.. Dunno.

To be fair I haven't seen framerate no where near that bad as in the video, it just chugs ever so slightly I docked mode In certain parts. But yeah I do believe with framer ate issues it should have lost a point or two

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

Maybe RDR2?.. Dunno.

I really don't expect it to dethrone Zelda. 

TheBlackNaruto said:
Pyro as Bill said:

None of them will be/are as revolutionary as BoTW.

The only other serious contender would be Super Mario Odyssey.

Wait....I am curious but what is so revolutionary about BoTW? I have not played it yet because I am waiting to buy the Switch. I mean from the reviews and gameplay I have seen it looks AMAZING. And I can't wait to play it but why do you say it is revolutionary? 

Also why would Super Mario Odyssey be the only  other serious contentder? Why would no other game be able to be one outside of it?

It's truly non-linear and embodies adventure and exploration.

Though climbing has been done before, and on the face of it BOTW's climbing looks overly simplified, it ends up being much more immersive. Despite being Kotaku, this is actually a decent article on the matter:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/03/breath-of-the-wild-and-the-burden-of-dreams/

Red Dead Redemption 2 is proberbly the only game to have a real chance.
If God of War comes out it might have a small chance.
State of Decay 2 is also a wildcard, since the first game was a masterpiece held back by bugs and horrible engine, if they fixed that....

But in all honesty, Zelda will proberbly just be game of the year and with good reason I absolutely love the game on my WiiU

Twitter @CyberMalistix