By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Debating gender: if Trump was a woman on the debates

Wow, those constant interruptions sure were annoying, especially considering how sharp they seemed with a female voice. And that body language of the male actor, that was so horrible to watch. Everything seemed pretty accurate though. Certainly interesting to watch.

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
As a women, I can say that Trump won on the issues and It upsets but its true.

Sure, when you misrepresent the issues and enough people believe your alternative facts, you will win an election.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

As a guy I'll say straight up there are differences in how men in particular view women in power.

Playing on a rec league hockey team for example I know that the guys will get more upset if it's a woman that blows a call and it will soon turn to "that bitch doesn't know what she's doing" and we've had more players kicked out of games for yelling at a woman ref versus a guy.

I do think if Hilary was say ... Bill Clinton (but not having been president before and thus not having the same baggage) he probably would've won that election.

It's not like Hilary even lost by much, it was basically about 60,000 votes she couldn't hold in states that usually vote Democrat that tipped the scales.

For most candidates that "grabbing the Pussy tape" pretty much would've sunk them, but Trump had a chance due to several issues that made Hilary a weaker candidate.

Honestly, another candidate saying the same thing Trump said about grabbing a woman by the genitalia wouldn't have hurt his chances as it didn't do with Trump. People just took that tape and ran with it because they needed a reason to be offended. I've heard way worse between guys talking about women at work. Women also say sexual things about men, too - You just won't hear her say it publically as more men tend to do. Heck, my coworker who is a female explained to me one hilarious incident. A new girl she was training at work told her that she would jump on her friend as if he were a pole and ride him up and down, lol. If this were something Hillary said years ago, the Liberal press would've stayed silent.  

Moonlighter said:
Honestly, another candidate saying the same thing Trump said about grabbing a woman by the genitalia wouldn't have hurt his chances as it didn't do with Trump. People just took that tape and ran with it because they needed a reason to be offended. I've heard way worse between guys talking about women at work. Women also say sexual things about men, too - You just won't hear her say it publically as more men tend to do. Heck, my coworker who is a female explained to me one hilarious incident. A new girl she was training at work told her that she would jump on her friend as if he were a pole and ride him up and down, lol. If this were something Hillary said years ago, the Liberal press would've stayed silent.  

Quite the opposite. 

No other person could've won the presidency if that was on tape. Nobody. Not Clinton or Obama, Clinton was already at the end of his second term when the Lewinsky stuff broke so people didn't care, but if something like that came out during the election, he would've been sunk.

Trump gets away with a lot of shit many other candidates wouldn't, in fact the double standard is glaring, people killed Hilary for emails, yet Trump is tweeting on an unsecured Android phone, using a private email server, his VP's email was hacked into just recently too, but no one gives two craps about any of that. 

Trump has succeeded in lowering the bar for behavior so low that people just expect him to behave like a child. No one else would be able to get away with that.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Quite the opposite. 

No other person could've won the presidency if that was on tape. Nobody. Not Clinton or Obama, Clinton was already at the end of his second term when the Lewinsky stuff broke so people didn't care, but if something like that came out during the election, he would've been sunk.

Trump gets away with a lot of shit many other candidates wouldn't, in fact the double standard is glaring, people killed Hilary for emails, yet Trump is tweeting on an unsecured Android phone, using a private email server, his VP's email was hacked into just recently too, but no one gives two craps about any of that. 

Trump has succeeded in lowering the bar for behavior so low that people just expect him to behave like a child. No one else would be able to get away with that.

Do you really think Trump would've gotten far in the election if he had something to do with Benghazi? Let's not forget Bill Clinton's alleged rape victim barely got much attention compared to Trump's words in a tape by the media. That's a major double standard there.

Moonlighter said:
Soundwave said:

Quite the opposite. 

Do you really think Trump would've gotten far in the election if he had something to do with Benghazi? Let's not forget Bill Clinton's alleged rape victim barely got much attention compared to Trump's words in a tape by the media. That's a major double standard there.

Yes. Trump is even on record saying he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and not lose his supporters. 

The only thing that would maybe do it for him if that pee-pee tape actually ever leaked (no pun intended). 

Trump does things on a weekly basis that would sink many other politicans period. Every week he does something stupid. The Twitter stuff is just idiotic, he's hte president of the United States, having Twitter wars over TV ratings for the new Apprentice reality TV show and Saturday Night Live skits. It's a 9-year-old for president. 

You guys dont get it, people support trump not because they like him, it is because Hillary would be 8 years of sameness.

Trump is a change and people want change even if that means burning the world down.

LadyJasmine said:
You guys dont get it, people support trump not because they like him, it is because Hillary would be 8 years of sameness.

Trump is a change and people want change even if that means burning the world down.

Trump is not really change at all. His policies are very similar to the previous regimes.

On his last day Trump should just say: "I hereby identify as a woman and will claim the title of first female President!"