By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game do you think will be GOTY 2008?

SSBB, GTA 4 or MSG 4. Could also be an as of yet unannounced title for all we know.

Around the Network

Heavy Rain.

Gameplay will be shown for the first time at E3 2008, release will be november 2008

And it will be a leap in the way we experience games.

www.quanticdream.com

I say Mario Kart Wii. I cant wait for that more than anything.

ItsaMii said:
NInja Bread Man 2

LOLLL

I would say MGS4, GTA IV, SSBB and Spore all stand a very good chnace I think it will be on of them. Of course a radicla new kick ass game could appear still and just be the best thing since the bread slicing machine.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
Ajax said:
ssbm will not be goty
that's for sure
cause it's a good game
but nothing more then a Super Smash Bros Melee +
a very good one, but certainly nothing innovative or extrodinary

Well duh! That game was released years ago.

Anyway, this is a tough decision. So many awesome games.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

GTA4, MGS4, or Brawl top 3 candidates imo .....

Ajax said:
ssbm will not be goty
that's for sure
cause it's a good game
but nothing more then a Super Smash Bros Melee +
a very good one, but certainly nothing innovative or extrodinary

Well, though I agree with you that SSBB is a very good game and it is highly unlikely that it will win the GOTY, you do know that MGS4, though a truley excellent game, is not going to be as innovative as we fans might want to believe. Yes it is doing new things, but just like SSBB that doesn't mean it is evolutionary.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

selnor said:
I say Mario Kart Wii. I cant wait for that more than anything.

The previews say otherwise, but we cant judge a game by its previews though, if we would MGS4 would be the winner of this year's GOTY awards

mM

I think SSBB, GTA4, and MGS4, or spore could win GOTY,one of those