By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn beats Zelda to No.1 in UK ( PS4’s biggest ever new IP launch)

Switch ~80K

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-06-strong-start-for-nintendo-switch-in-the-uk

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:
Excuse me for off-topic. I just realized people is still buying GTA V overtime which is amazing, i guess that game beats every latest games.

dude that game is at 75 million sold. its just a monster. 

Sh1nn said:
Switch ~80K

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-06-strong-start-for-nintendo-switch-in-the-uk

if it isnt sold out thats pretty bad. PS4 did what? 240k? it did 120k last black friday. 

Switch ~80K
3DS - 113K
PS4 - 250K
XBO - 150K

Next week sales will be interesting. I expect a havy drop for switch.

Sh1nn said:

PS4 - 250.000

edit: launch week = )

Around the Network
Peh said:

Guess which console has the bigger user base at the moment.

54 million customers on PS4 vs 13 million on Wii U and less than 2 million on Switch.

So,  who can sell their software the most?

Flawed argument is flawed and I'm sure it will be used over and over again.

Zelda has zero competition. If you bought a switch, you most likely also bought Zelda. There aren't many other reasons to do so.

A ps4 owner has thousands of other options and may as well wait to buy it later on when it gets a price cut. Same can't be said for the Switch.

Anyway, my point is, such a comparison is pointless, especially when you bring up points to defend one of the two companies.

KazumaKiryu said:
Sh1nn said:

PS4 - 250.000

alone in one week in uk ?? oh my god, thats fantastic !!!!

that was its launch week and by far its biggest week ever.

Peh said:

Guess which console has the bigger user base at the moment.

54 million customers on PS4 vs 13 million on Wii U and less than 2 million on Switch.

So,  who can sell their software the most?

We're just talking UK, so about 80k for the Switch and I think only a few hundred k at most for the Wii U. So yeah, it isn't a surprise that Horizon outsold Zelda, but Horizon's numbers are very impressive nonetheless. That it outsold Resident Evil 7's multiplatform launch this year is pretty damned good, I'd say. 

Sh1nn said:

Switch ~80K
3DS - 113K
PS4 - 250K
XBO - 150K

Ooooh well.  Maybe it'll have legs. Price cut in the future? Hopefully making a cut isn't cost prohibitive right now.

RJ_Sizzle said:
Sh1nn said:

Switch ~80K
3DS - 113K
PS4 - 250K
XBO - 150K

Ooooh well.  Maybe it'll have legs. Price cut in the future? Hopefully making a cut isn't cost prohibitive right now.

To be fair, the UK seems to be one of the middling markets for Switch. I think numbers in Japan and the US will be much more telling about its actual performance.