By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Taylor Swift is a rock and roll legend <3

Ps3 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, it looks like some albums have a few songs that she wrote herself, but is it really all that impressive? Dan Swano wrote every song by himself, played every instrument by himself, and engineered, mixed and produced the album by himself for his solo album.

Yeah, because the songs she wrote are super deep and touching. The first time I heard The Best Day... I cried like a baby. The song in my opinion is the greatest song ever written or composed.

You must however realize that that remains purely subjective. 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
palou said:
Ps3 said:

Yeah, because the songs she wrote are super deep and touching. The first time I heard The Best Day... I cried like a baby. The song in my opinion is the greatest song ever written or composed.

I disagree. Count the grammys and album sales.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
palou said:

So, by your own logic The Beatles are better than them.

VGPolyglot said:
Ps3 said:

No, because this is 2017 and album sales are lower, if she was selling to her equilivant today with that time's figures she would be outselling them 2 to 1. She is literally the only artist to have multiple albums debut at #1 with over 1 million sales in the first week. She would be selling 5 million copies a week back then.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
VGPolyglot said:

No, because this is 2017 and album sales are lower, if she was selling to her equilivant today with that time's figures she would be outselling them 2 to 1. She is literally the only artist to have multiple albums debut at #1 with over 1 million sales in the first week.

NSync?

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Nice joke thread.

Why? Because she's a woman?

Now that is some straw reaching right there rofl. I am just going to keep believing this topic is just a big joke because it's the only thing that makes any sense.

Ps3 said:
palou said:

Art must bring forward the medium to be great. Taylor Swift uses a VERY standard chord progression in her songs. These standard chord progressions are ideal to get general appeal - people are already trained to appreciate them. But that does not define a great musician.

Someone could make some very beautiful works in Van Gogh's style; nonetheless, Van Gogh remains the great, because he created the impressionistic movement, changing art for eternity.

Van Gogh was poor his whole life, on the brink of ruin and suicidal. Those that used his methods, later on, were able to make millions during their living. 

Beethoven's last works could be properly argued to be among the greatest pieces of all time - because he created the base upon which artists for centuries to come built upon.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Ps3 said:
monocle_layton said:
Lol...probably laughed the hardest for the first time in a while.

She's nowhere near The Beatles or anyone close to their level. She's another generic pop song creator who does nothing but sing about each of her boyfriends she's dumped.

There's talent involved, but absolutely nowhere near the level you credit her to

Yes, she is. Count the grammys and album sales and come back to me.

Yes she's popular, but not Beatles-popular  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
And since when are popularity and quality the same thing? Back to December for example was a better song than Shake it Off, but Shake it Off is better to play on the radio because it has a simple and catchy melody. You don't have to be 'into the song' to like it. That's why it became a bigger hit.

Ps3 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Especially when you consider that the Beatles wrote the songs by themselves, while in 1989 there was only a single song that she completely wrote by herself.

She's wrote plenty of songs by herself.

Does she still write her own songs?

leo-j said:
it really sucks how the industry is ruled by teen girls.....

literally they made ed sheeran the biggest musician on earth yesterday....

Listen to some songs on the Billboard hot 100. Then listen to some songs on Ed Sheeran's new album. He's very good by todays standards.

Taylor Swift is generic as all hell...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Ps3 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, it's fine for you to like Taylor Swift. I'm just saying that you don't need to be so defensive for her.

I can't help it. She's my shining star. <3 I had to buy Fearless the album 2 times cause I wore out the CD I think I've played the album over 10,000 times.

Yes, I know.I've listened to Hybrid Theory/Meteora/Reanimation by Linkin Park numerous times, but even for them I don't mind people making fun of them, in fact I enjoy watching people criticize them. I also am not going to like what they do just because they're Linkin Park, for example I hated Heavy.