By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BotW Screenshot thread

Slarvax said:

So I finished the game a few days ago (All shrines + all cutscenes), and now I'm just running around, doing quests, taking pics. I gotta say, playing the whole time with the Pro HUD is a much more enjoyable experience. If you want to complete stuff (go here, talk to this guy, you put a pillar of light there, etc) having the map is really useful, but being lost and just choosing a random direction is how this game was meant to be played.

Yeah, I did that from the start although not with pro hud. I left unlocking towers until halfway through a zone and later until the very last so I could simply wander around without any spoilers or names on a map drawing me in any direction. I did miss important clues that way though and could not find the entrance to the lost woods for a long time, yet ran into 3 lovely Lynels hiding out behind it and a dark forest that was more fun than the lost woods itself. Finding the last few memories without any map on sight alone was also more fun.

I played the whole game without fast travel (apart from the one time it instructs you to do so on the great plateau) which also keeps the todo list feeling at bay, no running back and forth for sidequests. Those will get done when I come around again. You can travel pretty fast anyway with 3 stamina bars and speed buffs or dark link outfit at night.

I'm currently in Hyrule castle for the final battle. Already cleared the castle again (Silver Lynels in close quarters, probably harder than the boss lol), all 120 shrines completed, all memories, 353 Korok seeds found, all equipment afaik.

Which is better, Dark link or goody two shoes Link

Hmm, not as glorious as I thought it would be. Bit of a fixer upper.

Sneak cleaner attack

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Slarvax said:

So I finished the game a few days ago (All shrines + all cutscenes), and now I'm just running around, doing quests, taking pics. I gotta say, playing the whole time with the Pro HUD is a much more enjoyable experience. If you want to complete stuff (go here, talk to this guy, you put a pillar of light there, etc) having the map is really useful, but being lost and just choosing a random direction is how this game was meant to be played.

Yeah, I did that from the start although not with pro hud. I left unlocking towers until halfway through a zone and later until the very last so I could simply wander around without any spoilers or names on a map drawing me in any direction. I did miss important clues that way though and could not find the entrance to the lost woods for a long time, yet ran into 3 lovely Lynels hiding out behind it and a dark forest that was more fun than the lost woods itself. Finding the last few memories without any map on sight alone was also more fun.

I played the whole game without fast travel (apart from the one time it instructs you to do so on the great plateau) which also keeps the todo list feeling at bay, no running back and forth for sidequests. Those will get done when I come around again. You can travel pretty fast anyway with 3 stamina bars and speed buffs or dark link outfit at night.

I'm currently in Hyrule castle for the final battle. Already cleared the castle again (Silver Lynels in close quarters, probably harder than the boss lol), all 120 shrines completed, all memories, 353 Korok seeds found, all equipment afaik.

When I get the Switch and Zelda (yes, I will double dip), I will do my second playthrough with Pro HUD at all times. My future bus travelling to college will be the best!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:

When I get the Switch and Zelda (yes, I will double dip), I will do my second playthrough with Pro HUD at all times. My future bus travelling to college will be the best!

I'm kind of doing a second playthrough already, helping my kids out. I just noticed I didn't find all equipment on my own playthrough as we just ran into some guy who promised sand boots for a picture and already gave Link snow boots. And none of use has found the house yet which you supposedly can buy. 170 hours on my account, still stuff left to find besides more Korok seeds.

It's a much bigger challenge helping my kids as unprepared as they are. Can you do this part for me, no food, no upgrades, no arrows, 3 half broken crappy weapons lol. Master Yuga is just possible without arrows. I had to stand all the way at the edge to arc the standard summoned bomb just far enough to stun him. So much easier if you have a few arrows on hand. And Thunderblight Ganon was a chore again, yet I did that divine beast the intended way this time. I never noticed the sliding mechanism at the front on my play through since I had Ravali's gale already.

Finished the game at 52.52% completion rate after 172 hours.

Anti climax as usual in open world games. Was pretty enough to do it twice though.
Now when is that DLC due. First time I'm looking forward to DLC after finishing such a huge game.

Cool pics guys!!!

Finally had time this weekend to dedicate it to the game, specially on Saturday in which I passed two of the beasts. So I was able to more or less browse through the thread.

Here are some old pics of mine I've been posting in Miivers...  Twitterverse.

---

Lol, just saw this over Twitter too xD

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

+100 hours in already and still so much to do!!

Take your time, as the end is rather questionable

You want me to do what exactly?...

This is the best I could do with recreating the box art. Unfortunately, the game itself doesn't have nearly a wide enough field of view to get the same shot. Also, I'm pretty sure that whatever cliff/mountain that Link is standing on in that picture doesn't exist.

Few more from Twitterverse:

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I'm going to have fun in this place!

Pocky Lover Boy!